OK how to put this...

its not one of the best builds ever...

its not maybe the best build ever...

it IS the best build ever...

seriously mate, props to you for this one, its insane, you have the patience, precision and SKILL of a GOD...

Congratulations...

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

So is the truck next and if so im watching for damn sure. Need more pics of the bmw :drinks:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

After some serious thinking, I made an attempt to cover the little cone with carbon fibre.

The first attempt went wrong from the start, but sometimes you need these setbacks to get back on track, and to think about what youve done wrong.

The second attempt went better, but I must say that my hat of tricks…is empty again.

Today was the day to see if it was really good. After some abrading, I saw that I went perfectly.

The one thing that needed to be done is to bring on a set of epoxi-layers.

Since the cone is round, the epoxy would drip off the carbon fibre, so there would be more epoxi on the floor, then on the carbon fibre.

In my hat, I had another trick left.

So I put a stang through the cone, and made 2 aluminium bracelets. Then I mounted this with the stand on to a little motor.

I also added some adjustable feeding, to I could begin with my first layer of epoxy.

Here you can see how I did it.

lets roast the cone

DSC03791_resize.jpg

DSC03811_resize.jpg

Cause the cone is turning now, the epoxi cant drip off.

DSC03810_resize.jpg

DSC03807_resize.jpg

Here you can see theres a lot of epoxi on there, and its still nice and smooth after the first layer.

DSC03795_resize.jpg

DSC03798_resize.jpg

I let this turn for about 2 hours, untill the epoxi didnt stick anymore. After that I put it into the oven.

The next few days I can abrade it firmly, and give it another layer of epoxi.

At the end of the cone, Im going to make a little aluminium piece to finish it off.

Im really happy I managed to do this, because it was that could go terribly wrong, but it worked out fine.

Up to the next!

:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:

After some serious thinking, I made an attempt to cover the little cone with carbon fibre.

The first attempt went wrong from the start, but sometimes you need these setbacks to get back on track, and to think about what you've done wrong.

The second attempt went better, but I must say that my hat of tricks…is empty again.

Today was the day to see if it was really good. After some abrading, I saw that I went perfectly.

The one thing that needed to be done is to bring on a set of epoxi-layers.

Since the cone is round, the epoxy would drip off the carbon fibre, so there would be more epoxi on the floor, then on the carbon fibre.

In my hat, I had another trick left.

So I put a stang through the cone, and made 2 aluminium bracelets. Then I mounted this with the stand on to a little motor.

I also added some adjustable feeding, to I could begin with my first layer of epoxy.

Here you can see how I did it.

"let's roast the cone"

Cause the cone is turning now, the epoxi can't drip off.

Here you can see there's a lot of epoxi on there, and it's still nice and smooth after the first layer.

I let this turn for about 2 hours, untill the epoxi didn't stick anymore. After that I put it into the oven.

The next few days I can abrade it firmly, and give it another layer of epoxi.

At the end of the cone, I'm going to make a little aluminium piece to finish it off.

I'm really happy I managed to do this, because it was that could go terribly wrong, but it worked out fine.

Up to the next!

:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:

Brilliant work on that cone :) genius hehe

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

everything i have ever done is pure dirt compared to this....

man i need some carbon fiber

great work man

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Here a FULL CARBON update...OOO YEAHH

This is how the cover of the front seat looks now…

DSC03585_resize.jpg

Because I dont like big surfaces of carbon fibre, I replaced the little net. That took a lot of work, cause I had to adjust it completely.

DSC03588_resize.jpg

As you can see, I sprayed the sides of the net in silver, like the original moldings of the bimmer.

DSC03607_resize.jpg

When you look at this picture, it looks almost like a carbon roof with a spoiler.

DSC03602_resize.jpg

Under the little sloth you see, Im going to mount some leds who will function like the interiorlight.

DSC03592_resize.jpg

Here its all mounted in the car.

DSC03826_resize.jpg

DSC03828_resize.jpg

Man o man..I may have missed this, but is the biggest project you've done or is there more in your arsenal?

Believe me dude, there’s lots to do…cause I still have got some ideas.

Sounds good, no ? :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

:good: Thats nutty you just cut an amp in half. I love it the cone looks pretty :drinks:

Can I ask you a personal question? Is that you and your wife on the avatar?

You look like a happy couple. :firefox2::firefox2:

You're going to do a steam roller? Sorry, I love that old truck. I have to say though, it will be completely different than the BMW since the styling is so much different.

Edit: hmm, is that an old picture? The trim isn't black anymore.

Yes indeed, that picture is a couple of years old.

:spiteful::spiteful:

this is probably the cleanest bmw i have ever seen. i have seen this on another forum as well and i am amazed by the work

Indeed, I like my car to be supertidy and clean, and sometimes I exaggerate a bit… :detail::detail::detail:

OK how to put this...

its not one of the best builds ever...

its not maybe the best build ever...

it IS the best build ever...

seriously mate, props to you for this one, its insane, you have the patience, precision and SKILL of a GOD...

Congratulations...

Thanks dude, that’s a saying that I’ll remember!

:bananaDance:

So is the truck next and if so im watching for damn sure. Need more pics of the bmw :drinks:

No, the trunk just stood there, and the photographer would like the have a picture of the trunk. Nothing more about that.

You like more pictures of the BMW, I think you’re a BMW fetishist.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived