2005 SUZUKI XL-7,18" dc lvl 3 all done

how complicated can it be to fiberglass?

do you know anything about glassing? how much resin to use, how to lay the matt, how to stop air bubbles, what grit sand paper, what type of sanders to use, what weight matt to use? just start off with the inside of the box. its a great place to learn how to glass. you can get your practice and have a better shot at making the HU piece better the 1st time.

and yes, i do think you should research how to do it. if i wanted to rebuild an engine i would study up for weeks before trying it. i wouldnt just take the parts and start fumbling around with it. you could go and do your deck 10 times and get better each time and finaly end up with a good looking piece or you can save your time and money by researching and maybe it only takes your 2 or 3 times to get a good looking product. there are fiberglass forums. just go and look at a simple "how to" and itll help you a lot.

im sorry man, i felt bad pointing that stuff out but you are asking for it by posting this build. if you come in saying "heres what i threw together, tell me what i can do to make it better" people would be much nicer. but you didnt, you went and nominated yourself for SOTM. thats like saying that you think your build is on the same level with the people that have won SOTM. frankly, its insulting. I'm usualy very blunt on here and I'm really trying to be respectful here so dont take it the wrong way.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

do you know anything about glassing? how much resin to use, how to lay the matt, how to stop air bubbles, what grit sand paper, what type of sanders to use, what weight matt to use? just start off with the inside of the box. its a great place to learn how to glass. you can get your practice and have a better shot at making the HU piece better the 1st time.

and yes, i do think you should research how to do it. if i wanted to rebuild an engine i would study up for weeks before trying it. i wouldnt just take the parts and start fumbling around with it. you could go and do your deck 10 times and get better each time and finaly end up with a good looking piece or you can save your time and money by researching and maybe it only takes your 2 or 3 times to get a good looking product. there are fiberglass forums. just go and look at a simple "how to" and itll help you a lot.

im sorry man, i felt bad pointing that stuff out but you are asking for it by posting this build. if you come in saying "heres what i threw together, tell me what i can do to make it better" people would be much nicer. but you didnt, you went and nominated yourself for SOTM. thats like saying that you think your build is on the same level with the people that have won SOTM. frankly, its insulting. I'm usualy very blunt on here and I'm really trying to be respectful here so dont take it the wrong way.

QFT

Btw what did you use to glue together your box..silicone??

Most of our first builds looked pro compared to this, that sounded mean but its the truth lol. Take..your..time, its as simple as that. Get the proper tools, wood glue, MDF, the propper wire the first time so you dont waste your money on smaller wire and then upgrading later.

Lots to learn bud

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

well, i know my build looks crappy, but it work,right? i showed it to few people and they said it's the loudestt they ever heard

all i have to do is minor cosmetic fix up's.

fiberglass isnt that complicated, unless your a retard that's going to mix everything togerther. trust me i will learn it fast.

i'm working on ordering some new part, like wire's, and rest of the staff. also looking for new amp( found one on CL for $250, sundown 1500.)

when your resin hardens in the cup or never sets up dont come cryin to us then man

and just cause peope say its the loudest they have heard doesnt mean much. just sayin

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

gettin somewhere

did you actually put glass in the box too or just resin?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build