Another Tahoe Build 18KW (RF) - 4 18"(FI BTL)

they used to make a 10 btl? thats tight

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

man those are pretty i like the way they look, bet they sound sick. :good:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

just scrolled though this whole thing, and DAMNN you got alot of skills dude, and if you ever get around to taking the speakers out for whatever reason show how you screwed and secured those pods! but AWSOME work dude :popcorn::clapping:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

they used to make a 10 btl? thats tight

Yea, I have a 10" in my wife's mustand running a T500.2 Not sure if we are going to sell, but sets in the garage all the time. I think it is time to install a new console in the HoeBag.

I am missing alot of sub-mid bass. I have my 6 1/2 at 85hz, but the 18" run at 20hz. If I do the 10", I can have the best of all worlds; bass, sub-bass, and mid-bass.

Thanks for the +++++++++

Yea, I have a 10" in my wife's mustand running a T500.2 Not sure if we are going to sell, but sets in the garage all the time. I think it is time to install a new console in the HoeBag.

I am missing alot of sub-mid bass. I have my 6 1/2 at 85hz, but the 18" run at 20hz. If I do the 10", I can have the best of all worlds; bass, sub-bass, and mid-bass.

Thanks for the +++++++++

if you decide not too lol pm we can work a price out if you want me to take it off your hands :P (im serious)

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I have posted. I am having issues with the T4Ks on the roof. Seems overtime, the vibration is causing failures internal to the amps. I have not had any trouble with the ones on the side. I am making repairs ongoing to these amps, but it’s becoming a pain. It doesn't cost that much for parts but it takes a while for parts delivery and repair time. So, I have been thinking about a possible rebuild, ONLY THINKING.

I have (6) 4TKs. Thinking, (6) 18” BTLs. There is a lot to consider;

CONS ---

1- Losing the back seat

2- Added cost to upgrade electrical performance

3- A wall/port firing forward.

4- Time to build

5- Cost to build

6- What to do with this current box

PROS ---

1- SPL

2- Amp placement in the back would eliminate most vibration problems

3- Would certainly draw more attention then I already do

A lot to think about.

hows that btl 10 sounding? if you decided not to use it and its just sitting around pm me and we can work something out? lol

1j1450.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived