Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type R

Had a build with 2 12Type Rs, sealed at .9 cubes each. Hooked up to a Kicker zx1000 and a 6 farad cap. For the price of the setup, it is a beast. Whole-car flex, rear window and roof gets crazy. Even a tiny bit on the steering wheel below 30hz, remember sealed. Mad flex and LOUD AS FUCK 38-46hz. I sold the car when I got the new one, but the dude is around here. I'll post vids (if I can figure out how to do it) at least pics on the Builds thread in a couple days. Got these subs new $100 each, show me a better value.

EDIT: Car is a 2000 Mustang

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i never had issues on screws getting broken with 12's or 10's..

it all started when i got in the MENS subwoofer TEAM..lol..haha...

since i got my Dc Lvl 4 15 i been replacing my screws almost every 2 weeks..or less sometimes.

and my box is 3/4 Mdf wood..just dont get it..i screw that bitch up till theres no more

next week later broken again..and my box is fucked up from screwing my sub different ways..time for a new enclosure!!...haha..

but ill say cheap wood FTL!!...

and type r's FTMFW!!!

i used to run 2 15's on 2k last 2-3years ago..shit got loud!!..never got it mettered but ill

say i was in the 140's i believe..

Edited by DUBIE

they sure are nice subs i had 8 in a wall

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ

Have no issues with mine, pushing a little over 1000w to em and they love it. Made my own boxes, and no screw issues that you speak of.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Have no issues with mine, pushing a little over 1000w to em and they love it. Made my own boxes, and no screw issues that you speak of.

Haven't had it metered..I live in Iowa does anyone know where I can get it done..I was thinking about making my own box is there any way i can use plywood or where can I get mdf board and how much is it..I have a cheapo box right now but still the screws were in as tight as possible and its made out of at least 1/2 inch mdf board

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

They are good subs indeed.

However, there are better for the money out there, and breaking screws isn't a good indication of loud.

What kinda bandpass box you got? Build it yourself? Specs?

for about the 115 you can find 12s for please name whats better for the money

TL means turn lab. you know, db's

Made me LOL^^^^^^

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Haven't had it metered..I live in Iowa does anyone know where I can get it done..I was thinking about making my own box is there any way i can use plywood or where can I get mdf board and how much is it..I have a cheapo box right now but still the screws were in as tight as possible and its made out of at least 1/2 inch mdf board

3/4" MDF runs about $30 or so for a 4x8ish sheet at most home improvement stores, i.e. Lowe's, Home Depot, Menard's.

Screws are more or less used to hold the sides of a box together tightly until the wood glue you should be using tons of cures. Then you should be able to take them out without your box falling apart.

Too many projects, too little time...

3/4" MDF runs about $30 or so for a 4x8ish sheet at most home improvement stores, i.e. Lowe's, Home Depot, Menard's.

Screws are more or less used to hold the sides of a box together tightly until the wood glue you should be using tons of cures. Then you should be able to take them out without your box falling apart.

[/quote

Is there a pre-fab box that would work great for 2 12s..my parents don't want me to make my own :( They say a pre-fab will be just fine..they actually don't want me to get rid of my bandpass just because they say a box is a box lol

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)