Sonic Electronix

Off topic but I was reading some euro stuff recently and they reckon they've reached the conclusion that ~8000w is pretty much the absolute maximum you can get from a single battery.

So with all these monster amps available now you're better off running at 1 ohm nominal or more and not thrashing the amp :o

Would this rule also apply to that one BatCap Extreme battery, or is this Bat not allowed in Street?

http://www.batcap.net/Products/BatCapProdu...91/Default.aspx

I know it meets the size requirement.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Would the speaker wire at the amp reading be correct?

The speaker wire should be pretty close to what the speaker itself would read.

However there is no way to correctly wire up 4 dual 4 ohm subs at a .8 or even a 1.1 ohm load.

Your options are .5 ohms, 2 ohms, and 8 ohms for them to be wired correctly.

Anything else such as what you have is not given even power to all 4 speakers.

Now wiring it correctly at a 2 ohm load will give you less power, but it maybe louder since all woofers would be in phase and hitting the same. Where as the woofers out of phase would cause maybe a lot or just a little cancellation between the woofers.

However on the brightside your amp will be playing a little more effiecent and all woofers in phase may make it a tad louder. But its really hard to say.

Otherwise depending on your amp??? and your electrical setup???

You can try to parallel all subs together giving you a .5 ohm load, more then likely you currently have tons of rise with 4 woofers, and you would be safe (again depending on your amp and electrical).

Then you will get more power from your amp, but it will also take more juice to make said power. But again all woofers would be in phase with each other making it a tiny bit louder.

But If you do attempt to wire at .5 ohms, make sure you have the amp in a open area to get suffiecent cooling to it, and keep your eye on it for a while to see how it acts at .5 ohm. If it starts getting hot, it be a good idea to turn it off and let the amp cool down, and think about wiring at 2 ohms until you can get a 2nd amp and run each amp at 1 ohm.

just some ideas.

Would this rule also apply to that one BatCap Extreme battery, or is this Bat not allowed in Street?

http://www.batcap.net/Products/BatCapProdu...91/Default.aspx

I know it meets the size requirement.

Im not a street competitor so I dont keep up to par on Street rules.

But I want to say that the battcap extreme and the DD Z battery are outlawed in street classes because they are not a battery, they are a multicelled capacitor for the most part. They have a super short life span also if used in "street" or daily driver applications. Or at least so I heard.

Im 99.9% certain on this. :)

Im not a street competitor so I dont keep up to par on Street rules.

But I want to say that the battcap extreme and the DD Z battery are outlawed in street classes because they are not a battery, they are a multicelled capacitor for the most part. They have a super short life span also if used in "street" or daily driver applications. Or at least so I heard.

Im 99.9% certain on this. :)

So they are made Basically for the burp machines.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

So they are made Basically for the burp machines.

Yup, but not allowed in the street class.

However batcap has a new battery out called the batcap 4000.

Its under the 800cubic in rule for street class(s) it weighs almost 80 pounds like a powermaster 3100.

However its only rated at 100ah and 2000amps and Im guessing that the short circuit amps is 4000 (hence its name)

Where as a d3100 has 3200short circuit amps, but 117ah ratings.

The higher the short circuit amps tho the better in street class. Otherwise daily driver vehicle your going to want reserve and id take the 3200amps with the 117ah over the batcap.