DC Sound Lab

Bought a Level 4 12" today...

Well, like the title says I purchased a 12" Level 4 today and also an enclosure 2.0cubes @ 32hz. I will be running it with an Infinity 1211a mono amp that is rated at 1300rms @ 2 ohms which is what I will wire the sub for.

I cant wait for the stuff to come. It should be here Monday hopefully.

Should hit pretty good and also sound good I think.

I wanted to get a 18" Level4XL and another later, but that was what I was going to put in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am driving my 98 Neon now since the Jeep needs to be fixed and I need some bass. So I "settled" for a 12" because the Neon trunk is small to say the least and it only has around 30" between wheelwells so not enough room for a 15 or 18 with an enclosure to spec unless it was crammed in there so I had to compromise for now.

How much clean power can one of these things take? I am looking to upgrade my amp eventually to something over 1000rms like a Sundown 1200 or maybe some other good amp that puts out 1200-1500rms @ 1 ohm. I assume it could pretty easily take 1200 rms of clean power but how much more than that? I dont think 850rms is going to cut it for me...

Edited by 98GCLimited

How much clean power can one of these things take? I am looking to upgrade my amp eventually to something over 1000rms like a Sundown 1200 or maybe some other good amp that puts out 1200-1500rms @ 1 ohm. I assume it could pretty easily take 1200 rms of clean power but how much more than that? I dont think 850rms is going to cut it for me...

i have mine on about 1500 watts rms and love it!!but on clean power i bet they can take more of a beating!!

vehicle-02 toyota celicawoofers-groundshaker g-s1 10" woofersamp-SUNDOWNAUDIO SAZ 3500battery-1 C&D battery