Second Skin Audio

quick question

shawnschuldt

k so i guess i should try to clear it up a little bit m box is huge and takes up most of my trunk ill prolly have to build it in my trunk, which leaves me very little room between the rear of the car and sub itself. i can take a pic of my cardboard mock up if needed. i just dont know with my trunk bein so full and it bein so close to the lid that it will hurt the loudness of my system.

k so i guess i should try to clear it up a little bit m box is huge and takes up most of my trunk ill prolly have to build it in my trunk, which leaves me very little room between the rear of the car and sub itself. i can take a pic of my cardboard mock up if needed. i just dont know with my trunk bein so full and it bein so close to the lid that it will hurt the loudness of my system.

If your box takes up your whole trunk, why not port it through the deck? And, yes, if the subs are really, really close to the lid, it'll affect the sound. A bigger issue is probably the amount of space your box is gonna take up. If the box is too big, there will be no room for the air to move inside the trunk, and it'll really affect the sound of the sub.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

porting through the deck will def help dude, but from my own personal experience, cramming a box like tht in a trunk isnt ideal, you wont get much spl from the cones of your woofers, as the air flow will be blocked... chances are a smaller setup with ample room for airflow and such will be just as loud.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived