DC Sound Lab

2 Dc Sounds Level 5 18"s on 8k-10k??

Here ya go:

218inchsubsincvpic1.png

218inchsubsincvpic2.png

218inchsubsincvpic3.png

218inchsubsincvpic4.png

Port may need to be change to your liking. I'll gladly change it if you want.

Box is 24" high by 48" wide by 28" deep (according to your dimensions) with a forward firing port and up firing subs. Port is 3" high by 46" wide. Made using 1" wood. Port is 3" high by 46" wide and about 19-20 inches long, putting tuning in the mid 30's at 10 cubes.

15.22 cubes before displacement, 13.71 after port displacement and (assuming 1 cube per sub) 11.71 after sub and port displacement. Should be just over 10 cubes after bracing (all-thread or wooden dowels recommended, but you can use 2x4's if you want). All-thread would net you some good strength cause you could use a lot of it.

Give me a minute and I'll get a sketchup with the dimensions listed in the pic.

Thats a beautiful design, but its not going to work.

Its no way that trunk "well" part or center has 48" of width, its 42" max and thats pushing it. Not to mention its not 28" of depth, subs would literly be touching the trunk lid.

Im knocking this guy, because I love seen Crown Vic and Grand Marquis builds, (since I own one :D ) however I think he need to be a little more realistic about his goals. Id love to do (2) LVL 4 18's in my trunk, but I know thats not going to happen.

One LVL 5 with a lot of power in a proper box will def provide the bass he seeks, in my opinon.

I call BS....dude i know named Rab had 2 18" Btls in his crown vic.....and 4 18's in a Deville trunk....where there is a will there is a way!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Thats a beautiful design, but its not going to work.

Its no way that trunk "well" part or center has 48" of width, its 42" max and thats pushing it. Not to mention its not 28" of depth, subs would literly be touching the trunk lid.

Im knocking this guy, because I love seen Crown Vic and Grand Marquis builds, (since I own one :D ) however I think he need to be a little more realistic about his goals. Id love to do (2) LVL 4 18's in my trunk, but I know thats not going to happen.

One LVL 5 with a lot of power in a proper box will def provide the bass he seeks, in my opinon.

I'm going by the specs he provided. They do sound close though. My dad has an 04 crown vic and it's got a VERY large trunk. I've yet to measure it, but it's quite big. I know that 01's have a slightly different trunk, so IDK how they could compare. And the trunk opening is probably around 40" wide, but the inside is quite a bit larger. Meaning the box would have to be built in the car.

Not trying to bash you or anything, but a crown vic trunk is something most people have probably never seen. They are some of the largest trunk cars I've ever seen. I'm not saying they are the largest available, but they are large. Crown vics were at some point designed around the needs of police officers (most of whom carry a ton of equipment and then some). Ford carried the design over to the commercially available consumer cars to save money. That was the second best decision they ever made IMO (right behind the Mustang).

I call BS....dude i know named Rab had 2 18" Btls in his crown vic.....and 4 18's in a Deville trunk....where there is a will there is a way!

4 18"s! Dang. How loud was it?

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

It's your call but remember more subs does not always equal louder I had 1 15 in my caddy tuned to 32 hertz firing backwards that would burp a 149 and play that loud daily off of 2000 watts and it was knocking the car apart. Then I went with 2 15s in a smaller box and lost so go figure.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

any updates on this?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

yes. this ^?

hey guys sorry havent been on in awhile been busy workin. Just got my 2 Powerbass XTA-5000s. Things are beastly as hell, heavy, 2 0g power inputs, 2 0g grounds crazy. Working on ordering the 2 lvl 5 18"s as we speak should have them in the next week or two.

I have plenty of space in the trunk so Im not worrying about that but I am kinda thinking of a wall in the back seat but I can't decide. I like them in coupes but idk about a 4 door.