battery question

I been thinking about getting a new battery more recently because I was following my girl home and when we got back she asked me why I was flashing my lights, she thought I was messin around with her flippin my high beams on and stuff but I was just playin some music so my lights must be dimming pretty bad. Ive also had a couplepeople flash me at night recently. I was recommended an xs power batt for a direct replacement (i forget which exact model) but mechman told me which one it was that was a direct replacement for my truck. I am wondering will the battery do anything better than my battery now off a stock alt and no big 3? will it hurt the alt at all being a more powerful battery and what exactly will I gain from this replacement or will I gain nothing without using 2 batteries or upgrading alt or big 3?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I been thinking about getting a new battery more recently because I was following my girl home and when we got back she asked me why I was flashing my lights, she thought I was messin around with her flippin my high beams on and stuff but I was just playin some music so my lights must be dimming pretty bad. Ive also had a couplepeople flash me at night recently. I was recommended an xs power batt for a direct replacement (i forget which exact model) but mechman told me which one it was that was a direct replacement for my truck. I am wondering will the battery do anything better than my battery now off a stock alt and no big 3? will it hurt the alt at all being a more powerful battery and what exactly will I gain from this replacement or will I gain nothing without using 2 batteries or upgrading alt or big 3?

Also how long will a stock battery usually last especially if you are running an amp. my truck is an 06 with 52,000 miles on it and I have had it with a sound system in it since late 2007 with about 13,000 miles is it almost time for a new battery anyway?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

XS 2400 was a direct replacement for my 98 Silverado, the battery has a larger reserve and should help out, do the big 3 its a cheap fix.

I am basically just trying to figure out will it be worth the 230$ish for an xs battery or am I only going to gain a tiny bit from it? Im trying to figure out if its pointless to just do the big 3 and a better battery under the hood. will just this work for my setup or once I do this am I just gonna hear "you need a second battery and a H/O alt" I mean right now I hear my stock electrical system isn't powering my amp to full potential and to get a better battery and do the big 3 but If it isn't really going to make big difference unless I go all out and do big 3 alt and 2 batteries I may just wait. My trucks schedualed to be paid off just over 2 years from now but it shouldn't even take that long and when it does its getting traded in for a newer truck with a little more room (crewcab) and this is when I want to do a real legit build with a H/o alt a couple batteries and a few amps, as for right now Im looking for the cheapest ways to make my current setup the best it can be for the least money until I can really just build something nice.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I am basically just trying to figure out will it be worth the 230$ish for an xs battery or am I only going to gain a tiny bit from it? Im trying to figure out if its pointless to just do the big 3 and a better battery under the hood. will just this work for my setup or once I do this am I just gonna hear "you need a second battery and a H/O alt" I mean right now I hear my stock electrical system isn't powering my amp to full potential and to get a better battery and do the big 3 but If it isn't really going to make big difference unless I go all out and do big 3 alt and 2 batteries I may just wait. My trucks schedualed to be paid off just over 2 years from now but it shouldn't even take that long and when it does its getting traded in for a newer truck with a little more room (crewcab) and this is when I want to do a real legit build with a H/o alt a couple batteries and a few amps, as for right now Im looking for the cheapest ways to make my current setup the best it can be for the least money until I can really just build something nice.

If it was me I would do the big 3 first and see if it helps since it is wasy and cheap to do. Then I would resort to a better battery. Having a bigger batery will not hurt your alternator. Also I would check and see what your output is on the alt. just to make sure that it is supply'n enough amperage to charge the battery.

That could get interested with her potential positions, this being one of the better.. As soon as we started getting into it though, I'd have to toss her a serious taint/balls teabag from hell though with her head right there.-Marlo Stanfield

2 RE Audio SX 18's

Audiobahn 2200 Amplifier (soon to be upgraded)

14.34cuft@33hz enclosure

JVC kdr600 headunit(soon to be upgraded)

Big Three Performed

(upgrading alternator and adding more battery power soon)

If it was me I would do the big 3 first and see if it helps since it is wasy and cheap to do. Then I would resort to a better battery. Having a bigger batery will not hurt your alternator. Also I would check and see what your output is on the alt. just to make sure that it is supply'n enough amperage to charge the battery.

How do you findout how many amps your alternator is, I have been searchin my trucks book and nothing on alts, been lookin online and it says it could have a 100 a 105 amp or an optional 140 amp stock alt. Also how do you findout how many amps my truck will draw for accessories like lights heat or ac and stuff like that?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

How do you findout how many amps your alternator is, I have been searchin my trucks book and nothing on alts, been lookin online and it says it could have a 100 a 105 amp or an optional 140 amp stock alt. Also how do you findout how many amps my truck will draw for accessories like lights heat or ac and stuff like that?

Big three does help alot... on my Avalanche it helped a ton with stock battery

I would think your alt would be the 105amp it was the most comon

I would suggest you do the big 3 first then get a new replacement battery

Rebuild coming soon

Big three does help alot... on my Avalanche it helped a ton with stock battery

I would think your alt would be the 105amp it was the most comon

I would suggest you do the big 3 first then get a new replacement battery

So just the big 3 alone will help a little bit? will this make the system louder at all or will only a better battery do that, I wasn't sure that even both upgrades would make it louder because how can it get louder than when my bass hits before my volts drop and I am still at 14.4? Also how easy is the big 3 to do? I dont want to mess anything up, I don't do much work under the hood. Basically all I know how to do is change my oil and clean my K&N :blush:

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

So just the big 3 alone will help a little bit? will this make the system louder at all or will only a better battery do that, I wasn't sure that even both upgrades would make it louder because how can it get louder than when my bass hits before my volts drop and I am still at 14.4? Also how easy is the big 3 to do? I dont want to mess anything up, I don't do much work under the hood. Basically all I know how to do is change my oil and clean my K&N :blush:

I think your engine bay is identical to mine... Really easy to do the big 3

Read some tutorials on here and take notes

I noticed almost immediately the benefits of the big 3...

I really didn't notice an audible difference after the big three or the battery replacement, really didn't notice until I added the big odyssey battery in the back

Rebuild coming soon