Headunit Flickering?

Well when my cell phone charged became engulfed in flames "the 12v cig lighter" my headunit didn't work. I thought it was the fuse that was blown... nope it wasn't. Maybe the headunit has a fuse inside it... nope it doesn't. I check all the wires nothing looks wrong. I keep trying to turn on the headunit. Finally it turns on, but it keeps flickering on and off... about every 6 seconds. I was wondering if i could of shorted the amp wire or sub wire or even could of damaged it. So what i'm asking. Is it possible that i hurt my amp/sub/HU by shorting the wires that are hooked to the HU ? Oh and the amp turns on and the lights work but i'm not sure if it will play. Please help :'(

ya might have a wire behind the h/u that's loose and needs to be crimped again

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

mine did something similar. it would cut off from time to time unexpectedly...sometimes it would stay off for awhile and other times it would keep turning on and off. turns out that the ground wire in the wiring harness was barely hanging in there. so i just hard wired a ground and its all good now...so check all the grounding wires in the harness :^

i likes me some audio stuff...

• 3 weeks later...