Carputer * STEVE Please chime in here*

aopen MP965-D

i dont know much about them but i can get two for free.

ok i got both of them and now i need a monitor. i have tried to find some 10" touchscreens with no luck. i just need the raw screen with a vga input, i guess it also needs to be 12v so some sort of power supply. i suppose i could buy a normal screen that is touch and just remove the case and use an inverter? any help here would be great.

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

if its free why not?

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

anybody ever use one? what would i need to use it in the truck besides a monitor?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

send me one, i'll paypal you the cash for shipping, and i'll figure out how to best make it work in a car and tell you everything you need to know.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

so from what i am getting out of the description. it does not have a hard drive.? also it only has the 3.5mm jack for sound. would i just use a splitter? line driver? i never used a computer in a car so if anyone has and can help me out i would apprecate it.

d(-__-)b

You could always add an external solid state drive....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

so i opened it up the other day. 60gig HDD, 2 gigs of RAM. can take up to 4 gigs of RAM. should be good enough.

img1255812328517.jpg

img1255812328932.jpg

img1255812330063.jpg

img1255812330672.jpg

img1255812329517.jpg

img1255812327466.jpg

img1255812328071.jpg

im wondering how i can use my current HU with this. my thoughts are to get a touchscreen. take the audio out from the computer and run that to an AUX in on my eclipse then i can control the volumn through my deck. but should i even bother? if i do that then i can still use my Elicpse for DVD and to control other monitors and just use the touch screen for controlling the computer. i can just go from the headphone (speaker) jack on the computer to one of the AUX inputs on my Eclipse cant I?

d(-__-)b

Use the computer's volume, it will keep distortion lower than using the computr, then the HU, then the amp (or whatever else is between the HU and amp).

IDK where you can find them, but you can buy some audio channel switchers that will allow you to connect 2 or more sources to your amps. Get a good quality one.

And use a 50 or 60 Hz test tone and a multimeter and a 3.5mm to RCA converter to check the output voltage at 75% volume. If it's less than 2 volts, a line driver might be a good idea.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

just so im clear, what you are suggesting is that i do not connect the computer to the HU, just go striaght to the amp (unless a line driver is needed) then it would be computer - line driver - amp.

d(-__-)b