Air ride is Killing my car - no voltage again ????

98 neon stock altt.

basic battery

i have 2 viair 450;s

and once again i go from 13.75v at idle - to 11.50 while driving and idle, with batter light on

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

those two shouldn't pull near enough current to do that. I've got 4 480C's and before I added extra batteries and bigger alternators the lights dimmed a little but that was it.

I would venture to say it is not the compressors causing the problem but they are showing you the problem. I would check the alternator, upgrade to the big 3 and have your battery load tested cause it might be going bad.

Are those comps rated at 200psi, I know that mine draw more amps the closer to 200psi they get cause they work harder.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

those two shouldn't pull near enough current to do that. I've got 4 480C's and before I added extra batteries and bigger alternators the lights dimmed a little but that was it.

I would venture to say it is not the compressors causing the problem but they are showing you the problem. I would check the alternator, upgrade to the big 3 and have your battery load tested cause it might be going bad.

Are those comps rated at 200psi, I know that mine draw more amps the closer to 200psi they get cause they work harder.

From the site - viair -

12-Volt

Duty Cycle: 200% @ 100 PSI

Max. Working Pressure: 150 PSI

Max. Amp Draw: 40 Amps

whats odd is this is the second time it has happend to me this week any other time im great on voltage,

what i have noticed is that the car starts and drives fine, then when i stop at the local store and go inside for like 10 mins, i come back and it acts up.

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

if i had to guess your alt is going out

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

definitely sounds like a bad alt....you should think about an upgrade cause your stock alt is rated at 85 amps and those pumps pull 40 to 46 amps...

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

ima probably buy a new alt, from shity pep boys however i can swap them out all day for free.

then ill get a kinetik battery, i have a hc1800 in my eclipse and it is so nice to have.

this is probley the best route for me cause i just drag the shit out of the car anyways, and all the money goes into the eclipse,... but its kind of hard to rag when your car does not start.

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

When you go and replace the alt, check the wiring harness leading up to the alt. My sister had a 97, and it went through 2 alts in a matter of 2 months. Couldn't figure it out, so my dad took it to a mechanic put it on the lift, peeled back the wire harness outer covering and found a 6" section of wires that melted together and started shorting out the alt. Got it fixed, and drove and was fine for the next couple months she drove it.

But i would suggest that you get a bigger alt, instead of having to replace them all the time. Call up DC power, Irragi, Mechman... and get a price quote for a bigger alt. Might be worth it in the end to do it that way.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been having the same problem in my 01 body drop. I got rid of the alternator and upgraded to a 250 amp with a big three upgrade. But I've been through 4 yellowtop optimas and 2 red tops. They get sucked dry. Past the point of recharging. I need to pull the entire electrical for the 2 viar 450s and rewire them. See if that helps.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg