Sundown Audio

i for one like the reduction of the knob. it ramps up or down faster then the volume knob or sub adjustment on the deck. mute or att is not feasible to me most the time because that cuts all levels, not just subs like the remote which is why i like it. not to mention my position in my seat prohibits me from reaching my deck quickly for whatever reason.

love the thing for daily use, and i could live without it, but it is really nice to be able to adjust it for quick use on every song.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on my knob that from the volume all the way down position to about 1/4 it seems to get louder gradually, then somewhere around 1/4 position the volume level jumps and somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 it seems to reach pretty much full volume. My Hifonics amp's volume knob functioned better, I wish they used the same cables.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I noticed on my knob that from the volume all the way down position to about 1/4 it seems to get louder gradually, then somewhere around 1/4 position the volume level jumps and somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 it seems to reach pretty much full volume. My Hifonics amp's volume knob functioned better, I wish they used the same cables.

its not a volume knob, its a gain. very different. the reason it wont get any louder is because you are going into clipping. thats very, very bad.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its not a volume knob, its a gain. very different. the reason it wont get any louder is because you are going into clipping. thats very, very bad.

That can't be true. Even just reading this thread you all said that you set the gain with this remote knob turned all the way up. Which I did. So now tell me how I could be clipping? I'm not even pushing my amp as hard as it can go.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

That can't be true. Even just reading this thread you all said that you set the gain with this remote knob turned all the way up. Which I did. So now tell me how I could be clipping? I'm not even pushing my amp as hard as it can go.

do you know how to set the gain? did you use a DMM or an o-scope? if you need a lesson on how to set it i can help you out. but yes, when it stops getting louder, its because your clipping. it means you set the gain on the amp too high.

but, if you dont believe me, turn that remote all the way up, go full tilt on your HU and play it for 10min. i bet you'll smell something stinky.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

I set the gain on my amp with the recessed knob on the side of it using a DMM. I set it lower then it can go w/o clipping. The remote knob (aka the one that has a wire and I attached under my dash) may control the gain, but considering I set my gain when it was all the way up, now it only acts as a volume knob attenuating the bass signal from the max i determined I wanted it to be and the minimum it can go. That essentially works as a volume. What I'm saying is the knob's attenuation through it's range isn't linear.

Maybe we're talking about a different knob, and that might be causing the confusion.

Mine is similar to this (I think a little newer though)

374026085.jpg

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

yes, thats the knob im talking about. so what was the output voltage when you set your gain? was the amp under load when you set it? what tone did you use?

50 Hz tone, something around 30-35v. No load. I followed these instructions, but I calculated how many volts 1000 watts at 1 ohm would be, and set it to below that.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4