Sundown Audio

i have 2 saz-1500's. im wondering if the remote is actualy a "gain" knob that turns up your gains untill you hit the point where the gain is set on the amp.

or is it a bass boost knob?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thats what i thought. but then why is it that with my remote 1/4 the way up, the "volume" changes as i move the gains on the amp even though its past 1/4. shouldn't the "gain knob" be cutting the setting to 1/4?

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

don't use it!

tests have been done and you get less output when it is plugged in.

on the 3000d you get about 500-700 watts less

i know. but i need to for bass race. i can take it out when i just want higher numbers. ive just been trying to get a better grasp on how this knob works. cause if it was just adjusting gains then it shouldn't have an effect on output. you know what i mean?

its best to be thought of as a turn down knob....

set the knob at the highest you will ever turn it

then adjust ur amps gain

theoretically when u turn the knob to the highest point u set it at you should reach the amps gain setting

why do you use the volume knob instead of the bass knob?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

don't use it!

that's a very interesting statement. i can't believe you lose that much power.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

don't use it!

ok i just did some testing and i might have some answers for this.

i thought it was - set the gain on the amp at 1/2 then the remote wont do anything past its 1/2 point. i was wrong. if you turn the remote ALL THE WAY UP itll be where your amp's gain is set at. however, the answer to thehoe92's statement is that the remote takes a little bit off what you set your gain to. so to solve this problem all you need to do it set your gains a little past clipping, or your target voltage. i also notices that if i turn the remote up to say, 8 clicks, i got 73v. but if i turn it DOWN to that same 8 click point i got 78v.

its best to be thought of as a turn down knob....

set the knob at the highest you will ever turn it

then adjust ur amps gain

theoretically when u turn the knob to the highest point u set it at you should reach the amps gain setting

why do you use the volume knob instead of the bass knob?

x2

id rather not use it myself, maybe if the amps were strapped?...

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

u dont need it...i kind of wish jacob gets rid of that and the bass boost totally....kuz i notice some folks use it and they wonder why there subs are frying...lol....

hmm get rid of the bass boost remote thingy and bass boost and add more capacitors on the board in its place...hmmm not a bad idea

TEAM YEA WE R THAT LOUD2wh03vb.jpgMinnie told Mickey "I want a divorce". Mickey said to Minnie, "Are you Fucking Crazy?" Minnie replied, "No, i'm fucking Goofy!"hit me up for box designs..i specialize in bandpass design