Charging help

I have a 96 nissan pickup just purchased a questo 125 amp alt to upgrade from the 60 amp alt thats in it. now my question is when doing the big 3 what needs to be fused? the wire going to the alt? i want to add a second xs 3400 do i need to fuse the wire going to the batt an will i need an isolater? if so will the stinger 200 amp one work? i will be running 2 hifonics 1606's so i will be running a single run of 0 gauge back to a fused distribution block an running 4 gauge to each amp i will also have a single run of 4 gauge running back to a fused distribution block then 8 gauge out for my 400 watt mids amps. i just want to make sure this is all done right the first time.

nope, do not use an isolator. Fuse the power wire going to the alt if it is a longer run (use common sense). If the run is pretty short, and a stright path (like my tahoes) really no need for a fuse. Just keep in mind, never hurts to put a fuse in the power side of things. YOu will want to put a fuse in front for the lead of wire going to the rear batt, and right before the rear batt install another inline fuse......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

both batts will be under the hood my alt wire is like 2 ft if that so should i throw a fuse on it for safe measures? an just run a inline fuse to the second batt what size should it be? also do i need to ground the second batt to the motor as well ? or just the first batt. i know i need to ground it to chassis didnt know if both needed to be on motor being under hood.

Archived