DC Sound Lab

i,m really stuck for what to do :(

i have 2 lvl5 15's now, i have ordered 18's recones but after building the box im actually struggling for space. instead of cramming it all in and it not working right i,m thinking i may be better off sticking with those 15's

currently i have 4.2 cu ft per sub tuned to 32, sub up port up in a grand cherokee. i,ll have a saz 3500 for each lvl5.

i,m thinking i could do 4 cu ft per sub tuned to 30hz with the sub firing into the tailgate. (Sundowns can go on box sides and comp amps on back of box still leaving plenty of space for the port)

or 2 18's 5.8 cu ft per sub and have the subs and port up again tuned to 30hz- i simply wont have the space to fire it back. i,d have to mount sundowns on back of box and comp amps on sides.

whats gonna be best there?

getting the 18's in is no problem, i can build a box which will give 11.9 cu ft after all displacements.

The issue is that by doing that i,d have to have sub up and port up otherwise i,d have no where to put the amps (if i put them on back of box i,d be blocking the airflow)

everyone says that sub up port back is the way to go in suv,s.

currently i have subs up and port up and granted it moves lots of air for sure but doesnt do very big numbers at all- 146.8 off 4k with the windows down. sealed i,d guess at maybe 145 if i,m lucky.

theres people doing more than that off of a single 15 off less power here tuned about the same. i just wonder if its because of where my port is.

i suppose that all given the 18's will be louder than what i have now as the box is bassically the same- however it will be higher so the port would be loading more off the rear screen. i just wonder if the 15's are gonna give more.