when do i need to upgrade?

just add a second batt and do the BIG 3 and you will be fine..

it is only necesary to upgrade an alt when your running 3-4k+ rms...or when you have major dimming issues

Edited by DUBIE

it is only necesary to upgrade an alt when your running 3-4k+ rms...or when you have major dimming issues

ummm no i'd upgrade my alt with anything more than 1000 watts. *some* cars, depending on how big the stock alt is could last you up to 1500 or so. but in your case i'd just replace the main battery with a good big performance battery and you should be ok

ummm no i'd upgrade my alt with anything more than 1000 watts. *some* cars, depending on how big the stock alt is could last you up to 1500 or so. but in your case i'd just replace the main battery with a good big performance battery and you should be ok

well i taught it was only neccesary when your running 14v+ setups to upgrade your alt but i guess not..for me the big 3 and extra batts has helped without upgrading my alt. i guess it sometimes it depends on your car etc also..my bad

your stock alt will strain with ~1000w. i know its not recommended but it should be ok with the big 3 and extra batts...

edit: like expo said ^ with just replacing the main batt with the biggest batt you can fit would work.

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz