Tahoe w/ 2 18s, 10,000w - 2 vids uploaded

So the dash broke worse I really need to fix that- it rattles really bad.

Oct_09_2BTL_068.jpg

The terminals came in, glad I ordered 40. They aren't great, but they're worth $1 each imo.

Oct_09_2BTL_069.jpg

Tightened up the speaker wires, cleaned things up some. God it's the biggest pain in the azz to do this.

Oct_09_2BTL_078.jpg

Quick picture of the subs

Oct_09_2BTL_077.jpg

The port is small in relation to what it could be, but it's big enough to fit my Dr. Pepper good lol.

Oct_09_2BTL_082.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_070.jpg

Not many pictures because of A LOT of cutting, crimping, soldering. Anyone running more than this gets my respect, I bet I spent 3 or more hours from start to finish.

I finally got all 4 fuses in.

Oct_09_2BTL_071.jpg

This next pic made me really unhappy, I could barely fit 1/2 the wire on those 2 terminals, it's just temporary till I get the copper buss bars in, but I was still limited to 1 run of power from the front just hooking up the amp.

Oct_09_2BTL_072.jpg

So I made something temporary. It is pretty thin, but it's the equivalent of 1/4" x 1" bus bar, so it's plenty enough for my needs till the copper comes in.

Oct_09_2BTL_073.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_074.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_075.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_076.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Gained a few more terminals.

Oct_09_2BTL_079.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_080.jpg

I've been using some mapp gas for the terminals, solders much quicker

Oct_09_2BTL_081.jpg

Hooked up the pre-existing wires.

Oct_09_2BTL_083.jpg

Oct_09_2BTL_084.jpg

All 8 runs through the firewall. I put gas line as a grommet, fasted with glue/silicon.

Oct_09_2BTL_085.jpg

All the wires hooked up. I'll still do a lot of cleaning up once the final copper bus bars come in, just wanted to get it running and see what it will do.

Oct_09_2BTL_086.jpg

The reason this is a slow/broke ass build:

DSC00622.jpg

No vids because the camera died, but with drops to 14.4v, about 4500rms I was getting some nice air movement. I still can't turn it up all the way till I get more than the 3 batts/2 alts I have, but that should change in a few weeks.

Next pics: making a template for the quads :)

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

i love this build...lookin great that amp is a beast to say the least

Thanks, it's really done a lot better than I expected. It's hard as hell to work on though, all those wires in a really cramped area ftl. I might have used 2 500.1s in retrospect, but once it's all wired up it does the same job anyway :)

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Running 2 more runs of power, 1 more ground. Removed a run of CCA to make room in the firewall. I think 8 runs is enough, and honestly I don't know if I have enough power to do another run and have extra for batteries and alternators. If I have left overs I'll probably go back in.

2btl_install_002.jpg

Drivers front side- I tried to group it all together so it feels smooth under your feet.

2btl_install_005.jpg

Needs cleaned good, but it looks and feels factory.

2btl_install_006.jpg

Someone had dirty ass feet! Sort of makes me angry it looks so bad, but I'll be redoing the interior if I keep the vehicle, and it needs a good cleaning anyway.

Now you see it

2btl_install_003.jpg

Now you don't.

2btl_install_004.jpg

Damn dirty feet. It's a work vehicle anyway I guess.

And it's all in place. I need terminals and buss bars just to fit all the wire on the batteries.

My hoe sure is juicy.

2btl_install_007.jpg

It's been spewing water like crazy since I had the cats cut. I really want to get that fixed, DJ if I see you at a comp I sure hope you still have that buddy that does exhaust. I want to fix things up some.

The run I removed. Getting ready to ship it to another forum member, I threw the bottle in there for visual reference. It's about 11 ft I think.2btl_install_008.jpg

Here's a pic of my voltage after about 5 minutes play time.

2btl_install_001.jpg

Sorry no vids, and that's all the pics I could get today.

Looks good ...just come on up to Wilmington ..ill go over there and get you set up ..Aaron will hook you up ..

one of the best setups by far i am a chevy man too

Were can i get that speaker from i want to put it in my malibu sooo badd but its too expensive for me......... :01nocomment8so:

Car Owned:2000 Malibu

Stereo:Ken-wood kdc 2022

# Of woofers 4

Amp:Ken-wood

No capaciters

all woofers are 12"

Amp wattage 600 watts

(SMD) MALIBU CUSTOM AZUL TYPHOON ADDITION OR A.K.A___M.C.A.T.A

Looks good ...just come on up to Wilmington ..ill go over there and get you set up ..Aaron will hook you up ..

So far i have 4 12" speakers in my trunk and no im not that kid who put his House speakers in his car LOL i have well read the bottom of my profile comment lol

# Of woofers 4

No capaciters

all woofers are 12"

Amp wattage 600 watts

So far i have 4 12" speakers in my trunk and no im not that kid who put his House speakers in his car LOL i have well read the bottom of my profile comment lol

WAIT TEAM NEMMISIS WAS YOU REFERING TO ME??????

# Of woofers 4

No capaciters

all woofers are 12"

Amp wattage 600 watts

Be careful charging that high ...shot me a pm with you number ....we can talk about getting it lined up ...to get the exhaust right

Will do. I'll probably wait till I get the alts and all straight so I can go up for a comp, or the day before a comp and just spend the night or something. Make it worth the drive, you know? Shouldn't be more than a month though. *edit- wait, I just realized it isn't more than an hour drive right? If not I might just make a day trip a bit sooner.

The vehicle was pretty cold, starts up around 15.9, then drops down to 15.4 or so after 5-10 minutes. I figure the one battery has been disconnected and jumped a bunch of cars while it's been sitting. I normally use the low MLA setting, then after warming up a short drive go to high, just started on high this time so I could play music loud on the way home and see the sort of drop I'd expect bass-racing or something. Ended up blowing the 1 amp fuse that came with the inline fuse holder I was using for my line driver, so I had to make a separate trip to Radio Shack to pick up a 20a. No bass tonight, but I know it's ready for me tomorrow. Thanks though- reminded me to switch down to low in the morning lol.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived