I'm new to building sub boxes. I have an idea for one, it contains four ported enclosures for 10" subs. The two smaller enclosures are abviously is to get the tighter bass, and the larger enclosures for the deeper bass. I would hook up the smaller enclosures together up to one amp, and another amp to the larger enclosures. I already did the math and all of the enclosures are within the box requirements, I even dew it up in a CAD program just to see what it would look like. What I was wondering was if I did build this, would it sound good and work?

P.S. - It's going into a 1988 Volkswagen Golf

- Dmo

smdsig-2.jpg

Im really not sure on 2 diff enclosures but i myself would make it all the same. You would be fine with big enclosures those 10s will probally be punchy as it is.

But theres only one way to find out about the 2 diff enclosures so maybe experiment.

From what I've heard here on the forums, using two or more boxes tuned to different frequencies is a big no-no. There was one kid who wanted to put both his and his friend's boxes in the back of his truck, but it turned out to be a bad idea. You would think that it would act kinda like a bandpass box, with a high response over a longer band of frequencies, but it actually causes interference and does not sound good. I'd make them all the same, or put them all in one box, but give it a shot if you think it'll work.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

When I was in high school this dude thought he had a super nasty system, 2 15" soundstreams in sealed boxes, 2 10" kicker comps in a sealed box & the factory 8 all in a probe. It sounded like hell. Kinda loud but it absolutely sounded horrible.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

yea, i would keep the boxes the same. I think the phase shift setting on the amp has something to do with this

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken