Friend of Mine is nervous

So i told him what a guy said at the shop about him NEEDING a h/o alt. Heres the set up

1 fi btl 15"

1 saz 2k

1 hc 2400

1 optima yellow top

STOCK ALT

I think that he will be fine with that little battery bank, he trusts this forum so I told him I would post this up. Thanks

Again I know a h/o alt cant hurt, but thats not the ? here, does he NEED a h/o alt in order to have this system.

EDIT: Car is a 98 maxima :D thanks

Edited by Crump

So i told him what a guy said at the shop about him NEEDING a h/o alt. Heres the set up

1 fi btl 15"

1 saz 2k

1 hc 2400

1 optima yellow top

STOCK ALT

I think that he will be fine with that little battery bank, he trusts this forum so I told him I would post this up. Thanks

Again I know a h/o alt cant hurt, but thats not the ? here, does he NEED a h/o alt in order to have this system.

EDIT: Car is a 98 maxima :D thanks

depends on the car? 4 cylinder/ v6/ v8

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

NO IT DEPENDS ON HIS VOLTAGE DROP

what does his voltage drop down to at full tilt?

NO IT DEPENDS ON HIS VOLTAGE DROP

what does his voltage drop down to at full tilt?

not in a car yet. so i dont know, if i knew what the voltage drop was then i wouldnt ask a ? like this here.

The maxima has a good alt, but it also has a lot of accessories. You will have to watch the voltage while playng it. If it drops below 12 he will have problems.

indeed, but even with those two batts and only 2500 watts he will need a new alt? I am running 2k rms and my voltage doesnt drop below 14. stock alt. with yellow top up front and kinetik 1800 in back

i think his car has a 110 amp stock alt.

he might drop into the 12's but i don't think he will have crazy voltage drop into the 9's or so though

Even with the big 3 all 1/0 wire and those batts he'll drop into the 12's? isnt that a bad thing? lol I dont even like dropping into the high 13's when I use my knob.

He dosent NEED one but it'll help but it may be a little hard on the stock alt to have to recharge the front battery and the rear one and still having to run the car all at teh same time.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

with proper grounding and wiring, and those battz you alrady said he shouldnt have a problem, im almost in the same boat, cept im choosing to just run a single front, 1/0 everything, maybe down the road run a small d680 or something but he will be fine.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

my mustang dropped to 13.2 with 3200 watts.. (hifonics) so idk how his will do.. but the mach1's come stock with 130 amp alts.. the interior upgraded ones like mine come with 150..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>