Speaker Terminal More Secure Design

better sonnection to a speaker.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. this is just a feeler. no pics at the moment.

• Yes
    • No
    • Possible

I have an idea for a new/modified speaker terminal connector. I have already made the prototype and am going to do the actual design for it in AutoCAD and hand it off to a machine shop. There will be two (2) designs for these and if needed there is a chance that a third style can be made. I have to also see if there is a demand for it after I get a patient pending I will release the prototype to the masses on here. might take several days to a couple weeks to get this done but I think that this will be wort the wait and will cost little to nonthing to get done.

I should have the design to the machine shop within 7 days and depending on their schedule shouldnt take to long to make.

So who want a more secure way to connect wire to speakers please let me know. I know that the public right now has no idea what the item look like only that its more secure please post something that you might be willing to consider this product.

YES

NO

or Possible (depending on the item.)

I just need some support as I think that this will be an improvement...

Edited by SOUNDFX

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

any pics?

not at the moment. I am seeking a paitent so I have to keep that under wraps at the moment. once the paitent is in the works I will have pics.

This is just a feeler and since my budget is limited I cant risk this getting out at the moment. I hope eerybody understands..

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

not at the moment. I am seeking a paitent so I have to keep that under wraps at the moment. once the paitent is in the works I will have pics.

This is just a feeler and since my budget is limited I cant risk this getting out at the moment. I hope eerybody understands..

It's patent. ;)

Not sure if you have looked into patent's completely yet or not, but I should let you know from personal experiences at work patents are not cheap. They usually run around $25,000 and that only secures them for 20 yrs here in the USA. If you want to branch out it will become $25,000 for every country, and a renewal fee....they aren't cheap, but well worth it! I am well aware of the process due to working in R & D for a food company. Currently I have 1 International patent, 2 US patents, and 3 pending.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

It's patent. ;)

Not sure if you have looked into patent's completely yet or not, but I should let you know from personal experiences at work patents are not cheap. They usually run around $25,000 and that only secures them for 20 yrs here in the USA. If you want to branch out it will become $25,000 for every country, and a renewal fee....they aren't cheap, but well worth it! I am well aware of the process due to working in R & D for a food company. Currently I have 1 International patent, 2 US patents, and 3 pending.

Thanks for the correction and info. I have contacted Monster and am in the process of contacting other companies. I might just sell my design and make royalities form each one sold. I guess food and drug patents are more expensive as I was told this one might cost about $5,000 to patent. this is just an enhancement to a design.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Thanks for the correction and info. I have contacted Monster and am in the process of contacting other companies. I might just sell my design and make royalities form each one sold. I guess food and drug patents are more expensive as I was told this one might cost about $5,000 to patent. this is just an enhancement to a design.

I was actually going to say you may have better luck selling the design....but best of luck with it. Hopefully it works out for you.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I was actually going to say you may have better luck selling the design....but best of luck with it. Hopefully it works out for you.

I hope it does if not people on here can buy them from me.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

I hope it does if not people on here can buy them from me.

Not a bad idea either! :D