Second Skin Audio

Box Indestructable

tripleb45

I think I will try to go with double mdf, allthread, and resin. But what size allthread should I use.

I plan on using 1/2" threaded rod, unless someone can deter me from it.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

you need to add matting resin does not make the box stronger when used alone

birch you can find at lowes and home depot it cost more but is much stronger and lighter

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

just a little advice. bedliner or rhino liner, line x, all of those truck bed type of coatings on the inside of a speakerbox is the DUMBEST idea in the world. ya its strong but your killing your airflow, with all that rough bullshit on the inside of your box. the smoother the better. more air flow= more spl.

with one of my boxes. i went as far as 1 gallon vigerglass resign on the inside, sand smooth, primer coat, sand smooth paint, sand smooth clear coat. shit was smooth as a babys ass. hit alot harder after that as well.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

But, If you just want a strong box to be good for enough for daily playing with alot of power, then do at least 2 layers of MDF or Birch and fiberglass the inside.

Doubling your layers will eliminate ton's of flex. A double layered box is more than 2 times as stiff, more than 4 times as stiff, Doubling your layers makes a box 8 times more flex resistant! I hope this info is right and i'm not making everyone dumber by posting this link. Thickness Vs. Material Strength.

how can it be stronger and lighter shouldn't it be heavier?

no it is 4 times as strong and half the weight at least I think those are right I know it's much stronger and weighs half as much it has to do with the way mdf is made

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Doubling your layers will eliminate ton's of flex. A double layered box is more than 2 times as stiff, more than 4 times as stiff, Doubling your layers makes a box 8 times more flex resistant! I hope this info is right and i'm not making everyone dumber by posting this link. Thickness Vs. Material Strength.

thats explains the stiffness of materials. not the sound of materials as your woofas are beatin against it. birch sounds hollow where as mdf sounds a little bit deeper, i guess depends on the thickness. i dont use anything under 1" mdf so.......

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

ok I may go birch but should I double it or leave it single. and I am thinking of making the inside as smooth as possible.

double if you have enough room doubling is much better than bracing

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived