My battery just burn off my hand

4 gauge wire!?!?! you need to get your self some zero... and that new battery

I got the new battery, and every1 has said 4 guage is fine, do you really think it will make that big of a difference?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

It takes 4 guage. But I am sure 0 would fit. Guess I will tighten up that ground and see if that fixes it. If not, looks like new wire.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

You've got a loose connection. If the area where the wire connects to the amp is hot too, then it's at the amp. But from what you've said, it sounds like a loose connection at the battery.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

is the wire hot or the terminal?

normaly if the wire jacket gets hot its pullin to much current n cant keep up wit the demand with that amp

4guage will work but 0guag-1/0 is what u need with true 1k rms n up, i wouldn't of even tryed it without 0guage cause with that high of resistance n causein the wires to get that hot wonder what its doin to the amp?

ied fix that ground but get a decent 0guage kit n use it

if u want for the cheap n get decent wire get this kit, i got the 4guage when i had my honda n it worked great wit a 500rms amp

http://www.darvex.com/SQK0/Sound+Quest+0+Gauge+Amp+Kit.html

and put meade in for cupon code for i think a 20% discount too

anyways sound quest is made my stinger so its a replicable company

hope this helps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh ya, check your door step plates n see if a screw might have went into the wire unless u ran it somewere else, i was in a hurry one day n threw in a 8guage kit to play wit in my bro n laws blazer n a screw from the step plate went into the wire n caused it to short out n blow every fuse we put in n make it get hot

but ya check all your connections at ever point n make sure theres no loose strands comein out of the wire touchin somewere else on the amp or other input post, n check that the wire is tight at battery n that the post is decently tight but do not over tighten the battery post cause it will break off n u'll be up shit creek

can u take pics of how this is setup so we kinda get an idea on what ur workin wit here?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

is the wire hot or the terminal?

normaly if the wire jacket gets hot its pullin to much current n cant keep up wit the demand with that amp

4guage will work but 0guag-1/0 is what u need with true 1k rms n up, i wouldn't of even tryed it without 0guage cause with that high of resistance n causein the wires to get that hot wonder what its doin to the amp?

ied fix that ground but get a decent 0guage kit n use it

if u want for the cheap n get decent wire get this kit, i got the 4guage when i had my honda n it worked great wit a 500rms amp

http://www.darvex.com/SQK0/Sound+Quest+0+Gauge+Amp+Kit.html

and put meade in for cupon code for i think a 20% discount too

anyways sound quest is made my stinger so its a replicable company

Make sure your positive does not touch the negitive because that happened to me once and i nearly got fried lol with my old battery so i went and bought a brand new energizer battery that goes from 700 cold crank to 850 regular.

hope this helps

VehicleCurrentlyOwned:2000Malibu

\/MySystem\/

Ken-Wood HeadUnit

Cars interior panels Custom blue Done by ME

Pheonix Power block running both amps

Stinger pro series four gauge wire flex material

RimsBrand:Polo

Interior lighting Blue neon bars under and around dash

Capaciter:Pyle Dryver 1.7 farad digital meter read off new(INSTALLED)

http://blog.sounddomain.com/photos/orion/april_21_07_004_2.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg