Second Skin Audio

How exactly does a subwoofer work?

haha, i wanna kno how tweeters work, if sound is the movement of air how the hell do u move enough air in that high of a freq to get as loud as it does is beyond me

n mickey ied love to kno how ribbon tweeters work

n also transducers or as one would call it a bass shaker

i also love learnin how stuff works, cause how its made just isnt enough info for me lol

edit: oh ya i forgot somethin, i wanna kno how those alpine style subs worked they useto make that looked like one long vc with alot of indvidual spiders n cones work

i guess what im talkin bout is this thing

it looks like a long line of passave radiators to me

299-850_s.jpg

i wanna kno the science behind that thing ^ pioneer made one but it looked like 2 speakers put together, i posted it in this forum a while back but not many ppl knew anything about it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

haha, i wanna kno how tweeters work, if sound is the movement of air how the hell do u move enough air in that high of a freq to get as loud as it does is beyond me

i believe sound travels by particles bouncing into eachother. it isnt about the movement of "air" its about the movement of any object. this is why sound wont travel in space, because there is nothing to resonate. but in water sound travels even better because water is denser than air. i believe tweeters sound louder because you have many more sound waves hitting your ears than with anything your subs play.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

edit: but then why does lets say, the example i gave, the xplod and BTL. both being 12" speakers, giving lets say 100w to each. the btl would be louder since its much more efficient since the motor has a MUCH stronger force (and other things)

Its all those other things.

<-------------------

The speakers in my picture over there are 15", see how small the magnet is? It's about the size of a fist yet these have a sensitivity of 99.8dB.

There is a lot of physics and such going on in the speakers that takes a degree or two to understand.

Its all those other things.

<-------------------

The speakers in my picture over there are 15", see how small the magnet is? It's about the size of a fist yet these have a sensitivity of 99.8dB.

There is a lot of physics and such going on in the speakers that takes a degree or two to understand.

arent those neo mags though?

Archived