Second Skin Audio

porting a box ?

tsshore987

When designing a ported box, the "volume" of the box is actually the net volume. To calculate this, take the total volume of the box and subtract the volume of the wood used to build the port AS WELL AS the volume of air withing the port. Also, you then have to subtract the volume of the subwoofer(s), which is called the displacement. This will give you the net volume of the box, which is the volume used to calculate tuning frequency.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

A good buddy of mine had a box he built out of 1/4" plywood. It had 2 dooky 12"s in it. I mean, DC lvl 5 is to Sony Xplod, what Pyle is to what ever he had in there. And he "ported" his box by cutting 2 2" holes in it.... thats all, just holes. no ports. no bracing. and gaps all over. Could not understand why it didn't really beat that hard. He had a 800 watt Sony Explod amp!!!

Sorry, I just thought it was funny how it was "ported" and thought this would be a good thread to post it lol

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived