Sundown Audio

Wire too big...

So, I finaly got all my wires ran. I go to hook my new RF T1000 up, and the freaking wires won't fit, so I have to cut the wire basicaly in half to get it to fit. Is this bad? I kinda just "shaved" alot of the outside wire, for both my power and ground. Should I use a distro block? If so, anyone got a good price and brand that'll get the job done?

So, I finaly got all my wires ran. I go to hook my new RF T1000 up, and the freaking wires won't fit, so I have to cut the wire basicaly in half to get it to fit. Is this bad? I kinda just "shaved" alot of the outside wire, for both my power and ground. Should I use a distro block? If so, anyone got a good price and brand that'll get the job done?

Did you try the zip tie trick? That sometimes will make the wire fit, if not you could always get the 0 to 4 gauge reducers from Darvex.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I was just thinking about this today! I know they make something for power wire to go from lets say a 1/0 to a 2 or 4 gauge but I have never seen it for speaker wires. I'd love a 4 to 8 gauge! also a lot of amps have screw terminals which those items I spoke of earlier won't work on.

Someone please help this man!!!

Starting From Scratch!!

Did you try the zip tie trick? That sometimes will make the wire fit, if not you could always get the 0 to 4 gauge reducers from Darvex.

What is the zip tie trick? is a reducer the same as a distro block? I'm a big noob ftw.

I was just thinking about this today! I know they make something for power wire to go from lets say a 1/0 to a 2 or 4 gauge but I have never seen it for speaker wires. I'd love a 4 to 8 gauge! also a lot of amps have screw terminals which those items I spoke of earlier won't work on.

Someone please help this man!!!

Lol, yes. Help me out please.

if its the new black case t1000 then yes you will have to reduce 1/0 to make it fit its made for 4 gauge.

Yes, it is. If I would have known it wouldn't take 1/0, I would have gotten an AQ 1200... and saved a ton of money.

Rockford says you should use 1/0 for like 1500rms, my amp does 1345, and alot of there T1000s do 1500rms, why would they make the terminals so freaking small you can run the right wire?

This is a Reducuer

http://www.darvex.com/SPT821/Stinger+0+-+4...ge+Reducer.html

And the zip tie trick is you take a zip tie, and put it near the end of the cable that is stripped back, and you pull the zip tie tight therefor sqeezing the strands together, so it is easier to fit the wire in a smaller hole.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

just get some gague reducers as suggested...they work great!
This is a Reducuer

http://www.darvex.com/SPT821/Stinger+0+-+4...ge+Reducer.html

And the zip tie trick is you take a zip tie, and put it near the end of the cable that is stripped back, and you pull the zip tie tight therefor sqeezing the strands together, so it is easier to fit the wire in a smaller hole.

Alright, thanks guys. That Stinger one would work good, right?