I Wanna Be A Ground Pounder

I'm 17 and I'm ready to hurt someone (with my system). I have a 99' Honda Civic coupe and I'm thinking about doing 2 15"s on 2-4k watts for the subs and roughly 500 to the mids and highs. I've decided to use the 6.5" type R coax up front off of a 2 channel and a seperate set of 6.5" midbass in the doors also off of a 2 channel. My car has the seperate tweets so I'll probably do some Boston Acoustics Type M 1"ers because I like how they sound. I'm really debating using the Memphis MCD2500 for the subs which does 2500 @ 1ohm. I'm not set on anything, it's just that I've had good experience with Memphis amps before and I know what I'm dealing with. I was also thinking about doing the RF T20001bd brand new or if I can find a used T30001bd at a good price because I've also been impressed with RF. I'd rather use memphis though just because alot of people don't like their amps and it's all about being original so that's my main reason for that lol. I'm trying to keep the amp price around $500. I wanna do 2 15"s sealed off from the trunk and I'm looking to break 150 daily. I'm going to do a 180 amp alt from Dom at Iraggi and a Kinetik HC1400 up font and HC800 in the back. I can't decide on the subs right now because it wont be for a while but I'd like to get some ideas on what to do. This is my first EXTREME install so all input is welcome (constructive critisism only :) ). Does anyone have any good ideas for 6.5" midbass also? Most importantly, remember, 17-18 year old in school income lol. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Andrew

New project in the works ;)

Hey man im 16 and own a civic. Glad to see another one of us on here.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Yea man lol. I love my civic... I'm not sure I'd ever sell it even when I get a new car haha. It's supposed to run FOOOORRREEEEVVVVEEEER. lol

OO they doo.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

^^ And motor swaps are under a grand...

seeing as youre like me and on a student budget, Memphis is a horrible choice. They have good amps no doubt, but theyre way overpriced. Go with a T3000 or a pair of Hifonics Bxi 2006's, and throw in a couple 15" BTL's. To get it all done, that should run around 2 grand. Type R coax's get real loud and clear, so thats a good choice. Use KnuKonceptz wire for some real good quality (cheap) wiring.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

sorry to get off topic but do u got any pics of your civic???

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

^^ And motor swaps are under a grand...

seeing as youre like me and on a student budget, Memphis is a horrible choice. They have good amps no doubt, but theyre way overpriced. Go with a T3000 or a pair of Hifonics Bxi 2006's, and throw in a couple 15" BTL's. To get it all done, that should run around 2 grand. Type R coax's get real loud and clear, so thats a good choice. Use KnuKonceptz wire for some real good quality (cheap) wiring.

^^^

Yea, I was thinkin about the Hifonics. The only thing is that I can get a Memphis MCD2500 for $450 brand new w/ a warranty, and no its not stolen lol. The 30001bd's are hard to find now though because theyre discontinued. I was really considering the btl's also, only thing is that it seems that everyone is using them and like I said, its all about being orignal. Theyre still at the top of my list though. Thanks for the input so far. Any other amp/sub ideas?

New project in the works ;)

Archived