Jump to content

I Wanna Be A Ground Pounder


Recommended Posts

Posted

some people dont listen though

on another note, 3k is a ton of money to be throwing at this. hopefully you can get the 50 out of it. good luck man.

thanks

New project in the works ;)

Posted

Memphis with warranty

<~ semi used to work for memphis at one time

love thier products

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

I think $3k directed towards subs and amps would be kick ass, and get you in that 150 border, but again, you mentioned useing $1k out of that $3k for subs and amps. But again, hey, anything is possible, I bought a 3kw amp, and ran some 15's and touched the 148 border for about $550 But ofcourse the subs were at a killer deal, about $400 off retail, so that helped alot. But that was in a SUV

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

first time I ever got metered I ran 1- 12" Mojo Sub and the Memphis belle amp, in a small hatch back, with a 6cf box, tuned at 60 hz, the sub channel was 1100 watts, and hit a high 145db at autorama 4/3 years ago

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

I'm torn between the 2 15" BL's or the single 15" BTL. I'm pretty set on the Memphis 2500 though. BTL = cheaper, more spl oriented... BL's = more expensive, double cone area. :unsure:

New project in the works ;)

Posted

I recommend an old school Orion HCCA amp. The era right before orion sold out to directed electronics. I ran an Orion HCCA 250R on 3 pioneer 12s(400rms) and hit 150s all day long with a just an aux batt. Those amps sound excellent. The Orion HCCA 250 put out 800 rms at 12volts alot more at 14v(with the car running). If you want more power the Orion HCCA 275R puts out around 1400rms I think not for sure. These amps are hard to find and a 250R cost 200-300 while a 275R costs 200-500 on ebay or you might get lucky and find one around. Make sure you have a strong electrical system if you get a 275R I have a few friends who made that mistake.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5050 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...