Destram's RE Audio Show Off

looking good, nice to see fellow blazer extreme owners doing big stereos. Turn that box around, and have an extra rear glass striker laying around. I had a pair of 18's ported facing the rear hatch, and my striker looked like this after about 2 months.

DSC_0004.jpg

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Well I built the exact box that Greg with US Amps told me to build. The specs are all exactly like the box design he sent me. I'm not feelin' the two subs per chamber thing, and I feel 36hz is definitely too high to be tuned to.

So I'm thinking having each sub chambered off individually and tuned to ~28-30hz. Sound good or bad?

Well I built the exact box that Greg with US Amps told me to build. The specs are all exactly like the box design he sent me. I'm not feelin' the two subs per chamber thing, and I feel 36hz is definitely too high to be tuned to.

So I'm thinking having each sub chambered off individually and tuned to ~28-30hz. Sound good or bad?

Maybe do 30 Hz with a little more port area to bump up efficiency. My pair of 18's have about 160 ^2 in of port for my box.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

turning it around might help assuming the port is at least 8 or so inches away from the tailgate. otherwise it will just rattle like hell. the rule is if the port is 3 inches wide, keep it 3 inches from any surface. you have a slot port..but givin the tuning you have..i would think 8 inches away would help. the way its setup now it might sound good with the doors open and 30 feet away. well thats my 2 cents

Archived