Please Help Me Find Some Components (i'm A Noob To Components)

KickerAudio21

I plan on getting a component set (6.5") for my blazer. I'm gonna cut up my doors a bit and glass in some 6.5 and a tweet. So it's a bonus if the cone of the speaker or the speaker grill looks good

But I listen to mostly rap, but also a lot of rock like hoobastank, saliva, crossfade, cold... etc... and ocasionally I listen to trumpet concerto's.

Currently I have some infinity 6.5" in front doors powered by the HU.... these get a bit lost when my subs are up loud, i need to bring them out by amplifying them and I might as well get some components if i'm gonna amp it. I also plan on running 14ga. wire to amp from it all :)

I am looking for some good midbass.... It would be nice to feel or at least hear drum hits and all that, cause currently I have my subs and some highs from speakers and i'm kinda missing out on the whole middle of the sound spectrum. I also don't want highs that are too crisp... i've heard some RF speakers adn they sound way too crisp, i wanna aviod that, and get good mellow highs adn tight midbass.

I work at circuit city starting this week, so i'm leaning on kicker or infinity, and my budget is $200 or less, please help me out, i'm considering kicker, infinity, cdt, and whatever else

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

I like my CDT's a lot. I'm going to try out Focal next though, I've heard so much about them. Rainbow, Morel, MB Quart, Boston Acoustics are all real good sounding speakers. Kicker and Soundstream are pretty good for getting loud, but it sounds like youre concerned with more than just volume.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I'm really not too picky.... I want more midbass than my HU powered infinities, and I want the highs to be able to keep up with the subs, instead of being drowned out And no more than $200

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

Archived