Sonic Electronix

Having some issues =[ *PLEASE HELP*

Ok, I recently acquired a Kicker RX700 and a pair of 12" infinity's and I've come across some issues =[. After Hooking everything up the amp turns on fine, but when I play any music the subs are really quiet and not even noticeable unless I open my trunk and feel them. I've even adjusted the gain, but when I adjust it all I hear is static while I turn it and then it doesn't get any louder. Does anyone have any ideas on how this is possible?

EDIT: Also I don't know if it is relevant, but my amp goes into protect, but the power light turns off after I turn off my car, even after pulling out my fuse to my battery. I checked on it a half hour later and it was off, but still I find it odd.

EDIT2: The gain on the amp is broken, so a new amp solves all of my problems =] In the process I upgraded to 4 gauge wire which i needed anyways.

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

2 DC Level 4 12's with level 5 DVCs

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

First check to make sure you're grounded well on the amp, and check to see if your subs are in-phase, also what load are you running the amp at?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

it stays on after you pull the fuse?

what HU do you have?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have a 2 ohm load, a Sony Xplod CDX-GT630UI HU, and i'm hoping it's the rca's. I can't do much more tonight since it's dark and raining, but I'm not sure of what to do tomorrow. So far: Check RCA's and mess around with amp wires. The ground is fine though, if it was the ground I wouldn't be getting any power.

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

ill be the 1st one to blame it on the HU. ive seen 2 sony HU's RCAs just die.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ill be the 1st one to blame it on the HU. ive seen 2 sony HU's RCAs just die.

I'll that into consideration, but the RCA's on the head unit were working before the new install, so i believe they are still working. Thanks for the help though!

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

Ok, I'm thinking that my amp is underpowered, since I can turn the subs off with the gain so the gain works. Right now I'm running 8 gauge wire all around, so if I run 4 gauge do you think this would correct this problem?

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

Archived