New H/O alt or big battery?

Guest DC Power Rob
Yea I figured I would need both. So one without the other is kind of useless? Are there any good deals on batteries or alts at the moment? I'm thinking maybe buying used batteries but unsure as to what alt to get.

Well, adding batteries without the ability to charge them just makes life harder on the alternator.... Your far better off running a good alternator on a decent battery, than you running great batteries and no way to charge them. When they're done, they're done... If your looking for a deal, drop Kyle a PM with what your really looking for as far as a "deal" and I'll see what we can do.. Rob

alright cool, thanks alot for your help man. quick noob question, what should i look for when im looking for batteries?

Edited by 99Bonney

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

alright cool, thanks alot for your help man. quick noob question, what should i look for when im looking for batteries?

Well if your planning on replacing the starting battery I would look for amps, cold cranking amps, and amp hours. For example something that looks like this to replace the starting battery would be sufficient: 1000 amps, 675 cold cranking amps, and 58 amp hours. That would be something along the lines of an Optima Red Top. Now for a secondary battery I would focus on amps and amp hours. For example my XS Power D3100's are rated at 3200 amps and 117 amp hours, which is awesome out of a G31 battery.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Hey bud, I was in the same boat as you recently. I ended up getting myself a Optima red top for up front (about 75ah) and a big C&D in the rear (135ah), and a DC Power 270XP alternator to keep them charged.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

sounds good, thanks for all the info guys. If I just got a big alt and a decent size battery like that redtop in the front do you think that would suffice as long as Im not running it too hard?

plan on running the rd 3250 v2 at .5 or 1ohm depending on the sub I get.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400