i dont know why would wouldn't do it in the first place? Id feel way better screwing my head-unit it then sticking it in one of those metal brackets

well the screwholes of my bracket do not even meet up with the head unit, so it left me thinking i needed a different dash kit, but i just ordered the new brackets so ill expect to get it here by the end of next week

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

well the screwholes of my bracket do not even meet up with the head unit, so it left me thinking i needed a different dash kit, but i just ordered the new brackets so ill expect to get it here by the end of next week

really? im very surprised by that, are you brakets OEM? couldn't you have drill them also?

2000 chevy blazer

Avic n1

really? im very surprised by that, are you brakets OEM? couldn't you have drill them also?

yessir they are OEM, but the previous owner put in a Flip out head unit, but i told him to take it out to lower the price of my car cuz i didnt need a shitty 2 volt flip out, and he offered to put the stock radio back in and i told him no, but he did anyways for some odd reason....u can tell where the stock radio is mounted that he forced the dash kit, the flip tray, and the a/c unit out, stripped the living shit outta most the screws, so in the end, the bracket on the right is warped/bent.....on a side note, he forced out the license plates on the car cuz they had rusted screws, so it left out a little piece of license plate on each screw.....crump tried everything he could to get em out and it didnt work, so i took it to a place to get that done....basically, when my dad signed the title, he didnt seem to care what happened to the car...:01nocomment8so:

OT: I dont have a tracking number yet for those brackets, ill post an update on that, but the brackets dont need to be in for the subs to work lol, so if the brackets dont come before this build is done, ill care less, all its gonna do is make my dash look less shitty

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Christmas on Black Friday? Who Knew

My dad brought me to home Depot today and I was eyeing some stuff, he said 200 bucks. Get what you want. So i did, may be simple for some of you guys but I am hella excited.

A Ryobi 2 hp Plunge Router, should work perfect with my jasper $99

100_0429.jpg

Some Unibits $14

100_0430.jpg

Full Metric and Standard stubby and regular Wrenches $20 and of course the badass toolbox.

100_0431.jpg

Some moster cable cutters, 16 oz hammer, and a Screw Extractor Set

100_0432.jpg

Well anyway got a bit done today ran the wires to the back

100_0433.jpg

And once I completly finish the deadening they will go into the trunk.

100_0434.jpg

More updates tonight after work

Not a big update, but at least we know it fits :D

Got this big fucker out

100_0435.jpg

And this some how fit :D

100_0436.jpg

But I just got finished working and making about 150 pizzas so I was tired, lets just say that we had to hammer/bend the sheet metal up and saw some stuff :D

all done manually, but now we just need to get the subs in the box and figure out where the battery is gonna go.

oh my god dude im still shaking, and just to let everyone know, we felt miserable cuz it was not fitting at all so we pretty much lost it....at least i did, then i realized that the bars that allow the trunk to open and close are bendable, so i bent them as crump pushed the box in and it worked :D, it wasnt even a bitch to take out, however, its gonna have more weight in with the subs so its gonna be a lil more of a bitch.....we were already making plans for a different system, like 1 12" btl or something like that and trying to figure out how i was gonna sell these brand new subs, but no need to worry about that now, its gonna work.....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

oh yea, also hugged crump 20 times afterwards, never done that before, but i was too freakin happy!!!

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Not a big update, but at least we know it fits :D

Got this big fucker out

100_0435.jpg

WOOT !!!!
lets just say that we had to hammer/bend the sheet metal up and saw some stuff :D
Doesn't it feel empowering to take a hammer and a saw out on your car? hehehehhee
oh yea, also hugged crump 20 times afterwards, never done that before, but i was too freakin happy!!!
Ummmm, thats disturbing :P

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

WOOT !!!!

Doesn't it feel empowering to take a hammer and a saw out on your car? hehehehhee

Ummmm, thats disturbing :P

haha i didnt care cuz none of that was gonna be seen, it didnt feel good, nor bad lol.....hahahaha i wouldnt say disturbing but i was so effing happy :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

I enjoyed a wee wee bit, too bad I didnt have the old man's porter cable sawzall, it wouldve been so much easier, but its done, and I wouldnt have done this if it wasnt needed when I built the box I didnt take that little slope into account, so that was my bad, but It works and the seats go on still so, whatever. :D I cant wait to put the box in with the subs in it..................................................

Archived