Changing rims, what do I need to do??

So I am getting a good deal on some 18's for my car. This will be going up an inch or two (cant remember) from my rims now and I wanted to ask what all I will need to do to the car as far as stuff like calibration.

My bad if this is wrong section.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

nothing, they should be the same o/d as your stockers, or not enough to notice. I take this is going on your stang, Ive done a ton of 20in set ups on them, and never had a speed out more then a mph or 2

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

I had stock 14s on mine when I got it and I put 17s on it with low profile tires, thru it off about 4-5mph but mines an older mustang. Whats on it now? 15s or 16s? Shouldnt be much of a difference with 18s like baggedon said. Maybe 1-2 mph at the most. I had to have my front end aligned when I changed...idk if you will or not.

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

• 2 months later...

if the OD of the tire is the same then the speedo will be correct, if not you can google a calculator that will tell you how far it is off. If the offset of the wheels is the same then you won't have to get it aligned, if it is different you may want to get it checked cause the camber may be off a degree or two. Wont be bad enough to see but it may cause a little tire wear.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint