Second Skin Audio

What'd ya'll think of my sketchup? (dial up beware)

LMFAO :lol: what sketchup is this I wanna give it a try. by the way design looks great.

Sketchup is a free 3d program for designing anything you want. Just google "sketchup" and click the first link.

LOOKS GREAT TIME TO BUILD :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

Not quite.

I talked some more with Forevrbumpn and am now doing port forward rather than up. It's similar to the current one.

I'm working on the intricacies(sp?) now (45's, etc.) now and will have pics tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good comments. I'm hoping to be able to go sometime this week and get the wood. I just have to make a cut list on sketchup and I'll be set.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Who actually has dial up/56k anymore?? I think it's funny when people still will say "56k beware" when the thread has a ton of pics in it.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

looks nice but you gotta finish it man

can't leave it bare

do something like this

a box I did for tdh member really makes the final design look good

trunkbox181.png

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

wow man i think it looks really awsome but i would suggest put the port on the bottom side to shoot under your seat i dont know how the truck is that your putting it in but my buddy had the basic design of that box a little bit diff but bout the same and he put the port on the bottom side but this is only if you havent built it yet... (what program did you use for the sketch)

I think you have a great deal of patience.

I've taken a shot at using that sketchup and within ten minutes I was ready to punch someone directly in the asshole.

hahahhahahah that's great :rofl:

(what program did you use for the sketch)

sketchup...reading is your friend :P;)

sketch looks good. but i will say the dowels arent very effective where they're currently placed, being that they're so close to the walls. they'd serve more of a purpose in the middle of the actual port of the box.

Who actually has dial up/56k anymore?? I think it's funny when people still will say "56k beware" when the thread has a ton of pics in it.

LOL. Actually, I know someone who does! :P

I actually meant that as a joke.

looks nice but you gotta finish it man

can't leave it bare

do something like this

a box I did for tdh member really makes the final design look good

trunkbox181.png

I'm not quite through with it yet. I'll finish it once I get through. I'm working on some more intricacies ( <- how the hell do you spell that word?!)

That box looks good. I like the finish.

wow man i think it looks really awsome but i would suggest put the port on the bottom side to shoot under your seat i dont know how the truck is that your putting it in but my buddy had the basic design of that box a little bit diff but bout the same and he put the port on the bottom side but this is only if you havent built it yet... (what program did you use for the sketch)

I"ve changed the design to port forward into the firewall (there's plenty of space under the dash for it). I haven't built it yet. I've got to make the cut list to know how many sheets of wood to get.

hahahhahahah that's great :rofl:

sketchup...reading is your friend :P;)

sketch looks good. but i will say the dowels arent very effective where they're currently placed, being that they're so close to the walls. they'd serve more of a purpose in the middle of the actual port of the box.

So place them closer to the sub? I'm placeing the dowels inside the sealed section and the walls of the Tline are close enough together that they should have plenty of bracing. I hope...

I'm open to any suggestions ya'll have.

And thanks for the good comments.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

is it double baffled? it looks like it in the pics but i cant tell 100%. if it is i'd ditch the dowels altogether. imo a double baffle will be fine since it's such a tight space. the walls of it will brace it enough. if it's not double baffled...i say double baffle it and lose the dowels altogether cuz imo a double baffle will be fine since it's such a tight space. the walls of it will brace it enough :D :D

is it double baffled? it looks like it in the pics but i cant tell 100%. if it is i'd ditch the dowels altogether. imo a double baffle will be fine since it's such a tight space. the walls of it will brace it enough. if it's not double baffled...i say double baffle it and lose the dowels altogether cuz imo a double baffle will be fine since it's such a tight space. the walls of it will brace it enough :D :D

LOL. Yeah. I had it single baffled. but at the last second, I double baffled it. I'm going to flush mount it. But sketchup won't let me do it without deleting everything else first. LOL. I'll delete the dowel rods.

I'm about to upload some new pics of my new design. Just give me a minute.

Oh, and the fifth dowel rod (the one in the Tline) is just there as a substitue for a 45. I couldn't get a 3/4" 45 there, so I'm gonna glass it instead. Just pretend the dowel is fiberglass. :D

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-8.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-7.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-6.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-5.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-4.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-3.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-2.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2loud-1.png

4thorderbandpassTlinedesign2louderp.png

Those wholes under the mids and sub amps are for the 8"s Im think about getting when I get the money. I'm think of getting Kicker 07C84's.

How's it look now.

Oh, and The dowel rods in the selaed section will most likely disappear.

Oh, and I've yet to 45 the Tline, that'll be done soon.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

Archived