running 2 stock alts?

has anyone done it? because i need some more amperage and i cant afford to shell out the $500 of an HO alt. i can make a bracket for where my a/c is because its fried anyway. but i need to know how i would wire them up, or do i have to get some kind of module?

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Anyone?

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Depends on what type of car. GM would be fine if older than 2005. Dodge ect... the PCM controls the alt so you could risk blowing out the PCM with the added load or get charging light.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

This is used pretty regularly, in fact I am going to run a second stock alternator on the Tahoe I just picked up (needed something to pull my truck) to power everything cause I haven't been having the best luck with the HO alts lately and the brackets are readily available for the 5.3l engines. I would recommend getting a MLA module to control the two but it can wait till the money is there.

You could also look into getting just the MLA for your current alternator to see if it bumps you up enough to keep you going.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

This is used pretty regularly, in fact I am going to run a second stock alternator on the Tahoe I just picked up (needed something to pull my truck) to power everything cause I haven't been having the best luck with the HO alts lately and the brackets are readily available for the 5.3l engines. I would recommend getting a MLA module to control the two but it can wait till the money is there.

You could also look into getting just the MLA for your current alternator to see if it bumps you up enough to keep you going.

sully need to holla at u bro.

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

i was wantin to do the same thing but the price on another stock 70amp alt plus dual alt bracket could i get a good 140+ amp alt for under 300 or right around there?

i think a factory replacement for my 99 taco 3.4l v6 is around $200 i think n i need more amps so i can do somethin diff n was also thinkin bout this same kinda setup, but would u halfto wire the alt plug wires in parallel with the stock one n will this throw the computer off?

wuts the pros n cons to doing this?

i can already see the strain on the engin tryin to turn 2 alts but will it work better with just a single ho alt?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I am just starting to get into alternators so I'm by far not an expert but i have run dual setups, and single HO alts as well as modified stock alts. From my experience the bigger HO alts put more strain on the engine than two stock alts will and you will have better long term reliability from two smaller alts then one big one. Price aside my personal choice would be to run two smaller HO alts (180amp or so) than a single 300amp alternator or price being in the equation I would run two stock alts that have been modified to put out around 15 volts.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I am just starting to get into alternators so I'm by far not an expert but i have run dual setups, and single HO alts as well as modified stock alts. From my experience the bigger HO alts put more strain on the engine than two stock alts will and you will have better long term reliability from two smaller alts then one big one. Price aside my personal choice would be to run two smaller HO alts (180amp or so) than a single 300amp alternator or price being in the equation I would run two stock alts that have been modified to put out around 15 volts.

wouldn't this be because 2 alts has twice the surface area on the belt compared to one alt?

Team S.M.D.

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery