Sundown Audio

Think this will work?

Adamtheazn

Hello everyone I am new to posting on this forums and I had a question do you think a Audiopipe 1500d would be able to push 2 Kicker L7 12s at 1ohm? Not sure what amp to get and money is a little tight any help would be great thanks. The link is that amp I was looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AudioPipe-AP15001D...=item3ca610e9a4

ok for you two that answered above , please explain why this is "stressing the amp" lol please dont post if you dont what you are talking about. Gains set correctly and speakers wired correctly to 1 ohm will not stress an amplifier that is rated to make power at 1 ohm. What does stress an amplifier? voltage drops , cranked gains , wiring the load to a lower impedance that what it is rated for...etc

Too Much Stuff to list .

ok for you two that answered above , please explain why this is "stressing the amp" lol please dont post if you dont what you are talking about. Gains set correctly and speakers wired correctly to 1 ohm will not stress an amplifier that is rated to make power at 1 ohm. What does stress an amplifier? voltage drops , cranked gains , wiring the load to a lower impedance that what it is rated for...etc

CRANKED GAINS, exactly, the subs are rated at 750 rms a piece which would technically want to see 1500rms total but this alld epends on the box and such, and that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high

Edited by abervintageman42

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

CRANKED GAINS, exactly, the subs are rated at 750 rms a piece which would technically want to see 1500rms total but this alld epends on the box and such, and that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high

Not to mention I have heard mixed reviews about whether or not this amp will do rated...

Too many projects, too little time...

Why would the gains be cranked? Do you even know the input voltage he will be feeding it? If the gain is set correctly , there is no problem, no clipping. Read the sticky on gains, then read it again...Both of you .

"that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high" - This statement shows me how little you know... please pick up a book and learn.

Too Much Stuff to list .

that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high

the gain only adjusts how fast it reaches full potential. Ideally you want to match the source voltage with the amp, in which case the gain may not need to be set high at all.

and btw Neel just said the same thing....lols....

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D