DC Sound Lab

Got some DC questions.

Well after much research I think I've decided to go with a single 10" Level 3. But there's still a few things I'm unsure of and am looking for a little advice.

1) On DC's site under "Woofers" the Level 3 is listed as dual 4 ohm, but then under "Specifications" it's listed as either dual 4 or 2. Can you get the option of 4 or 2, or do they just come in dual 4?

2) If they do come in either of these options, I'm having trouble deciding which one to go with. For the time being I'll only be running a single sub, but that doesn't mean that I won't add another one later down the line. The amp that I've got does 600 @ 2 ohms (it's in my signature).

So basically what I'm stuck on is do I run my amp at half power so I can add another sub later and use the same amp, or do I run this amp at full power and then upgrade to an amp that's 1 ohm stable if I add a sub in the future? I have a feeling that I already know what you all will suggest, but just thought I'd ask. :P

Dan

:girl_devil: My 3 year old wanted me to add this "happy".

Upgrade amp when you get the second sub!

98 Toyota Camry

Eclipse AVN-6600

AudioControl 3.1

AudioControl Epicenter

US Amps AX2000

US Amps MD-43

1 set Alpine type X components

1 set RF Power components

1 12" RE Audio XXX

220 Amp Iraggi Alt.

Red Top (Front)

Kinetic HC-600 (Back)

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Upgrade amp when you get the second sub!

I knew that was coming. :good:

So you can wire the 1 sub to 2 ohms and when you get another sub you can wire them to a 1 ohm load

This amp isn't 1 ohm stable.

Thanks for the help. I figured ya'll would say upgrade, but I just wanted to get some advice first. Who knows. Maybe the single will be enough (yeah right :D ). I've got my final truck payment in about 15 days, so hopefully I'll get this sub before the end of the year. Maybe Rusty will have a Christmas special..hint, hint. ;)

Dan