Quick Question About Installation Of Components

DGold

Please move this if in the wrong sections pls/thanks.

This may be a very novice question but it was a though I came across while sitting here, I am not near my components to look or read the manual if its in there but here goes.

I noticed my crossover has input for the tweeters and midbass, a positive and negative for each. For the moment I will be running my mids and highs off my head unit. My question is I only have 1 set of pos/neg wires coming from the head unit so how do I put the wiring for a pos and negative for the midbass woofer and the tweeter? I know of a few ways I may be able to do it but what's the best way? Thanks guys, sorry if this is a stupid question. First comp set I've ever installed.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

thats there so if u want to by amp them in the future most of the time u will just use the woofer input if u are not going to use seperate amps. Just look at your manual when u get a chance and it should have a diagram in it explaining it in more detail.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

I figured it would but I'm too impatient. So just wire in through the woofer and the tweeter will work aswell? Would I need to get a bass blocker?

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

when all else fails read the instructions.... ;)

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

yeah just wire it to the woofer input and no you will not need a bass blocker that is what a crossover does is breaks the freq's into the right speaker

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

when all else fails read the instructions.... ;)

I'm 130 miles away from the instructions or I would gladly lol. Thanks guys. I figured it was that simple just wanted to make sure.

Old Setup

Archived