Second Skin Audio

waste of time?

go 2.5 to 3 cubes tuned in the low 30's. i have a box design somewhere for 2.5 @ 32 hz if you want it.

if you still have it feel free to pm me ill have to see if measurments fits, but ill probabily get a box designed by someone on here and i plan on building this winter when i have a little bit of time.. i do like the lows and i have started listening to alot of decafs music so that is why i want a ported box plus the fact it will sound better... thanks guys

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

what i have to work with basically depending on how i want to face the subs.. if they go back port back then i got 24" L 34"w 17"h

but if i want to face foward i have 24" length 31"width 17" high, but on the height 17 would have some of the sub covered by the seat..

i really am thinking about possibly sub up port foward.. how would that sound? if it sounds stupid just let me know.. im not going to get offended by anything, thats why im asking here im open to suggestions.

thanks

Edited by drewb53

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Imo I would do around 3.25 cubes ported to 35hz. I would run approximately 36sqin of port if using a slot port and a single 6" flared port if you went with a precision port instead. Imo the 6" port will probably sound better and has the potential to be louder. It's only 8.7sqin per cuft, but since you aren't running a ton of power and have subs that don't require a lot of power the lower port area should help you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

thank you nightshade i dont know why but i like the look of the precision ports. but you would say tune to about 35ish... that sounds fine what direction do you think for sub/port?