Kick Panels for 2003 Durango

DGold

I'm looking for someone who can make me some kick panels(like Qlogic makes) to house a 6.5 midbass and a tweeter and maybe mount the xover aswell. The components are the RF Power T1652-S. Before I get told to make it myself I don't have the tools/or time required to do this job currently and won't until xmas break. I cannot wait that long and would like to find someone experienced in fiberglassing to make these for me. PM me if you may be interested and we can work out details then.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

I can build you kicks but you would have to bring me the vehicle so I could mock them up. Where do you live at? Also I just bought some qlogic ones cause it's much easier and cheaper than building them. I've built them for a customers 2003 Kia whatthefuckever and charged him about $300 since it takes a damn long time to do. So I'd expect at least that much for yours no matter where you take them to get done including any shops around you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Ya the q logic kicks would be much easier but they dont make it for my model durango..they only make up to an 00 and i have an 03. Is the expense of making them yourself really that much more than ordering from qlogic? Besides the fact that the ones you make would be potentially stronger..Qlogic sells them for around 200. Idk how much it would cost to make them yourself.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

So the tutorials are misleading lol

Old Setup

Ya the q logic kicks would be much easier but they dont make it for my model durango..they only make up to an 00 and i have an 03. Is the expense of making them yourself really that much more than ordering from qlogic? Besides the fact that the ones you make would be potentially stronger..Qlogic sells them for around 200. Idk how much it would cost to make them yourself.

I'll break down material costs for you on a pair of kicks.

1/4" Mdf for template to mount speakers: $12

2 quarts of fiber glass resin at minimum: $29

1 package of fiber glass matting at minimum: $6

1 yard of fleece material: $6

1 1/4" dowel rod for shims to attach the template to: $2

hot glue and hot glue gun if you don't already have one: $3 for hot glue, $12 or so for hot glue gun

staples and stapler if you don't have one: $4 for staples, $15 for stapler

paint brushes: $6 or so depending on how many you need to finish

rage gold or bondo gold: $15-20 a can

sand paper in 60, 120, and up if you plan on painting or finishing in vinal: $15

paint, carpet, or other material to cover pods: $10-40 depending on what it used (let's just say a textured paint to match factory panels)

So after all that you have a price of $108 in materials if you own the equiptment to build everything or $155 or more if you have to buy stuff to make them and go with a more elaborate finish on the kicks. The rest of the price is what you are charging to actually build the kicks. I can do a pair in about 8 hours and that doesn't include the resin and bondo drying time. So when I charged my buddy $300 for his that was a deal considering that most shops charge $60 an hour for custom labor. Even though I haven't seen a shop charge any more than $400 or so for a pair the qlogic kicks are way more economical and look awesome. The $300 is the minimum that I would charge and would be more if you wanted vinal or a super high gloss paint job which I can't do myself. I can do a textured paint that will look very similar to factory pannels. Here is a link to some pics of the a pillars that I did for my car, but ended up not using because I got pissed off and smashed one out of rage. The pics are of the pods before I finished the paint but they have the textured paint on them. They turned out great but fuck me for getting mad at them. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8750&st=240

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Ya i really dont have the time or resources to make them myself..which is why i was hopin the QLogics would of fit..was ready to order and then found that out.

Old Setup

• 2 weeks later...

Still interested in someone making these for me. Probable would be better if someone in PA near Pittsburgh would be able to for lower shipping and possible even seeing my Durango for a fitting, but if anyones up just name your price.

Old Setup

For lack of a better way of putting it, how will they look "unfinished". Just the fiberglass look or painted? Anyone local you know have a 03 Durango you could look at?

Edited by DGold

Old Setup