BTL popping

ok so we hooked my friends BTL to a saz-3000 today and as we where playing different songs we heard it popping. is that because its too many watts for the sub?or is it just how its tuned. allso its at 1ohm what do you people recomend to leave it at 1ohm or up to 2ohms???

2evdl54.png

2003 Honda Accord Coupe
Kenwood head unit
Dc lv4xl 15"
Sundown saz-3000
Re Audio speakers
Jensen 4 channel (temporary)

what coil does it have.. where are your gain settings what kind of box is it in what's your electrical system like ?

its a dual 2 and the is about 3/4 and its in a ported box tuned at 32hz and the alternator is upgraded and thats it for now we are doing the "big 3" wires tomorrow

2evdl54.png

2003 Honda Accord Coupe
Kenwood head unit
Dc lv4xl 15"
Sundown saz-3000
Re Audio speakers

your gain is up to 3/4... im pretty sure that's too high... it's fine at 1 ohm... but you need to set that gain with a n oscope... is that dust cap getting hot or what?

what's the other amp settings at ?

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

yea i kinda dont know anyone with an o scope and idk what the other things are set on i forgot but im going to look at tomorrow. but when we played for a while we got a smell like if the sub was breaking in but i think its was prab. getting hot and we didnt check if the dust cap was getting hot but where just ganna have to wait till tomorrow cause its kinda allready today.but thanks for you're help

2evdl54.png

2003 Honda Accord Coupe
Kenwood head unit
Dc lv4xl 15"
Sundown saz-3000
Re Audio speakers

I just got the same setup as you, my friend had the set up before me and he was having the same problem as you. Im going to start looking at it tomorrow and if i figure it out, ill let you know. How big is your box?

01' Chevy Silverado 4x4

18'' Fi Btl

Sundown Saz-3000D

(Sold the system)

New build coming soon..

Pics of My Truck

TTF-banner-1.gif

First of all your gain is set too high and if you can't get your hands on an o-scope, then at least set the gains with a DMM properly.

What that popping sound might be is tinsel slap depending on what BTLs you guys each have. They were pretty notorious awhile back for it but Scott has since fixed the issue.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Box size and port area has never been asked about yet as well. That kinda power in a huge ass box could be causing the sub to go beyond its mechanical limits and yer smacking the back plate with the coil former possibly. full details, we need em all to be able to help guide you properly....

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

yea its actually in a pretty big box but ill have pictures and other stuff on here later on when he comes over so everyone can look at it

2evdl54.png

2003 Honda Accord Coupe
Kenwood head unit
Dc lv4xl 15"
Sundown saz-3000
Re Audio speakers