Second Skin Audio

New Here Help me Out

Sup guys, Im new to the board and loving it already, alot of knowledge floating around here which is awesome.

so down to it, I have a 2001 Reg cab Silverado with 2 bucket seats, i want to drop in a some major bass but with out doing a blowthrough money is not a major deal but i dont wanna spend over 300 for a sub you know. i want to see if stuffing a box behind the seats or running a center console setup would be good.

I already have

alpine iva d105

MMATS 6.5 components

MMATS 6.5 2 way

MMATS 4x6 in the pillar

Rockford fosgate power 400x4

rockford fosgate power 1000x1

the amps are the older grey versions with the blue led in the middle with the fins on top of it

i had numerous of setups but none tickled my pickle if you know what i mean.

1 12" kicker l7 in a custom ported center console enclousre that i thought was bumping till i came here

4 10" slimp p3s in a seal box behind seats.

so i saw some AQ subs that looked good and also some DC and FI subs but i dont know what to choose. so guys help me out.

slim subs (extreme small enclosure)?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

find some funky pups, theyre in your pricerange and will WANG HARD

or you can man up and save money and get a more powerful amp/batt/sub, cuz tbh going from sub to sub to sub in the same space with the same power, it prob wont be a night and day difference, and if youre looking for more than what 4-10s on 1kw or a 12 on 1kw can give you, consider 2 normal 10's in a console, ported, with 2-3kw. that should give you what you want. two level 4 or lvl4xl dc's would be sweet.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

First your $300 for subs alone isn't alot to play with maybe you can do DC lvl3 12"

\other than that a lot depends on your amp like how much power it can put out and things like that

i dont fully understand what ur trying to say here but thats my input

I don't think he means $300 total, but instead $300 per.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

ya like 300 a sub and i called rf and my amp is underated they say it can push around 11-1200 easy. i was looking at badasschevy http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=11486 setup center console and i might go that route same box style but im not sure if i should go with a

DC lvl 4

AQ 12

Fi 12

ive already doe a bunch of new electrical shit like the big 3 also ordered a new alt high output, and also picking up a 2nd battery because i have a airbag system with 2 viair 480s so i think i need it. plus i going to put in carpet and when i do that im gonna add some dynamat

ya like 300 a sub and i called rf and my amp is underated they say it can push around 11-1200 easy. i was looking at badasschevy http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=11486 setup center console and i might go that route same box style but im not sure if i should go with a

DC lvl 4

AQ 12

Fi 12

ive already doe a bunch of new electrical shit like the big 3 also ordered a new alt high output, and also picking up a 2nd battery because i have a airbag system with 2 viair 480s so i think i need it. plus i going to put in carpet and when i do that im gonna add some dynamat

that console is long gone, i rebuilt it again awhile back. same design just a little smaller, its 2 cu ft 30sq" of port

tuned to 35 htz.

console026.jpg

i have a couple of ideas for a new one. i want to try sub and port back.

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components