Sonic Electronix

Pioneer Premiere DEH-P980BT

When first looking at this unit, it looked like there was finally a recent head unit that didn't look like the good stand by brands had given up on being creative, but when looking at pictures of it on sonicelectronix i saw that the rca amp preouts were not hardwired into the unit, but detachable via a wiring harness... I've never seen this. Is that a bit shdy in anyone elses eyes, or does it still work. I don't want to have my audio cut out half way through a road trip!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

When first looking at this unit, it looked like there was finally a recent head unit that didn't look like the good stand by brands had given up on being creative, but when looking at pictures of it on sonicelectronix i saw that the rca amp preouts were not hardwired into the unit, but detachable via a wiring harness... I've never seen this. Is that a bit shdy in anyone elses eyes, or does it still work. I don't want to have my audio cut out half way through a road trip!

dont worry about that it will still work great. its a very good headunit. ive had mine for about 2 or so years now after buying it off of my cousin who used it for a while before and it still works great with no problems. ive never had my audio cut out or anything like that before

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

Yeah... I'm just looking for something of good quality lately... I've always liked the higher end eXcelon units but disappointed in those lately, as well as the eclipse(althought that they FINALLY recently started doing detachable face is a plus) and looking into alpines and jvcs, but control features are kinda goofy(probably cause i'm used to the goofiness of excelon) This new system I'll be tossing in is going to be a loud DD so it needs to work ALL the time! Thanks guys... I'll look into finding one, considering they're out of production!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

Yeah... I'm just looking for something of good quality lately... I've always liked the higher end eXcelon units but disappointed in those lately, as well as the eclipse(althought that they FINALLY recently started doing detachable face is a plus) and looking into alpines and jvcs, but control features are kinda goofy(probably cause i'm used to the goofiness of excelon) This new system I'll be tossing in is going to be a loud DD so it needs to work ALL the time! Thanks guys... I'll look into finding one, considering they're out of production!

pioneer has always been the best head units for me quality wise.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Archived