Sundown Audio

Crossfire VR2000D---need help ASAP PLS

danny_c

Does any one here know if this amp will take a 1.34 ohm load. I know it's rated for 2 ohms but i really want to run 3 dual 2 ohm subs with it..

Any one???

Well, since your running multiple subs, box rise will probably put you in the clear. BUT, its always a risk taking amps below their stablilty. Crossfire makes some pretty solid amps though. I'd do it, but I wouldn't recommend it if your not entirely sure what you are doing.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Well, since your running multiple subs, box rise will probably put you in the clear. BUT, its always a risk taking amps below their stablilty. Crossfire makes some pretty solid amps though. I'd do it, but I wouldn't recommend it if your not entirely sure what you are doing.

I know it is not recommended to run them below the ohm ratings but thats why i was asking. Some one told me that with box rise (whatever that is) i will be close to 2 ohms.

Also doesn't a coils resistance change once heated?

Well, since your running multiple subs, box rise will probably put you in the clear.

Uh, no. Just no. So much no. Do I have to go bump my thread about box rise and how it only really applies to SPL?

How will box rise put him in the clear if at some frequencies his box rise is 0.1 ohms?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Uh, no. Just no. So much no. Do I have to go bump my thread about box rise and how it only really applies to SPL?

How will box rise put him in the clear if at some frequencies his box rise is 0.1 ohms?

You then pray the amp has enough balls for that low impedence, :D like I said I wouldn't recommend it.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Not suggested or recommended but I guess there is only one way to find out in your case... I've seen them run @ 1ohm before but they did pull a good amount more amperage and the power gains weren't that significant. But as Boon said impedance rise isn't a sure thing by any means when playing on music. It will change from frequency to frequency, so don't count on it being over 2ohms.

Either way the amp should be alrite as long as u have the electrical to back it up, set gains correctly, keep an eye on how hot the amp gets and don't go to crazy with the volume knob for extended periods of time.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

the 2000d is 2 of the 1000s in one housing i have strapped mine to 1.34 and you will definately need the electrical to back it up, my friend also has a 1000 at .5 ohm

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build