Any Instrumentalists on here?

Felt like throwing together a thread about those of us that make noise in other ways than a volume knob.

I have played violin for eight and a half years. It's something I enjoy to do and feel that I am good at. I have received numerous awards for solo and ensemble performances and am involved with a group that does Christmas performances for ritzy country club dinners throughout southeast Wisconsin and northeast Illinois and has performed worldwide.

I have also played cello for 15 months, and have been rewarded for a solo and a quartet that I performed in last year.

I use a school cello, but I own a Knilling violin. I will get pics of it saturday if anyone wants.

Anyone else play anything other than the bass knob?

Too many projects, too little time...

I use to play the trumpet in middle school, I wasn't great, but I wasn't horrible. I stopped playing though because I got tired of the teacher treating the kids like shit, and kind of never got back into it

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I use to play the trumpet in middle school, I wasn't great, but I wasn't horrible. I stopped playing though because I got tired of the teacher treating the kids like shit, and kind of never got back into it

I know whatcha mean about shitty teachers. My director kicked me and 6 other kids out of that group I mentioned last year and threatened us with police action because on a trip we all watched a movie in one hotel room, 4 guys and 2 girls. Some nuthuggers ran around saying we were doing stuff we really weren't so we all got sacked for it.

I played violin in fourth grade if that counts lol... I played guitar for almost 10 years though and just lost the drive to play anymore when I moved down here, acoustic mostly.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'm an all-around percussionist... Plus I used to play a little voilin back in the day...

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD HEMI - LOADED

Stereo:  STOCK

Emergency Equipment:  Morotola - Federal Signal - Feniex - Gamber Johnson

Performance:  MOPAR Performance - Diablo

911 Calltaker / Diaptcher, Volunteer Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Fire Fighter, Fire Policeman, Emergency Equipment Installer / Repairman

saxophone for about 15 years now, although way less in the last 5 years or so. I got my bachelors degree in music from saxophone. I teach elementary music now.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

saxophone for about 15 years now, although way less in the last 5 years or so. I got my bachelors degree in music from saxophone. I teach elementary music now.

Cool! I was considering a music major but I have kinda lost the drive this year. I like playing for the sake of playing, not playing what your director wants you to so you get a check, know what I mean? And I don't know if I would make a good teacher...

My girlfriend's older sister is a middle school orchestra teacher and she loves it.

Was a guitarist for 5+ years, one day i quit cold turkey and i decided i wanted to play drums, been playing 4 years now.

Neil Peart being my inspiration

Edited by Duvanator

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

played on drumline in marching band in high school we were state champs two years in a row. as well as jazz band and many others..I've been playing the drum set for about 7 years now

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Rockford Fosgate p142 4" front

Rockford Fosgate p1S652 6.5" rear

Optima D35 yellow top under hood

Big 3

all in a 1997 Toyota Tercel