Alternator Question Please!

Crazy thing about my volt meter is that I can't get it to read over 13.8volts that is the maximum it will read..I have it mounted on my dash and the wires are run from my trunk...Never has seen 14 volts...But my handheld voltmeter reads 14.4 at the amp..

this is the first i've heard people have problems with the stinger voltage meter. mine jumps up and going down in quickly. when the bass hits it'll go down (no lower than 12.9) and springs back up to over 14+ volts.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

this is the first i've heard people have problems with the stinger voltage meter. mine jumps up and going down in quickly. when the bass hits it'll go down (no lower than 12.9) and springs back up to over 14+ volts.

do u have it wired from the battery or from the amp?

i have mine wired right into the + of my H/U, i started to run it back to the battery but my local shop just said to wire it to my cd players +, it works well for me.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

No chevy i am not..My volt meter says 14.4v and the stinger tops out at 13.8..I have it wired into my amp..+, -, and remote...I have 7 feet of wire between the amp and the Stinger Vm...It is in my dash amp is in the trunk. I have adjusted it as far as it will go and it will not go above 13.8 volts...I know the car is making 14.4 at the amp though...

i was talking to dmanson. the shop told him wrong. the voltage will be different if you just wire it up to the head unit thn the amp. idk what to tell you though zax..... hmmmmm

well regardless it's been working all these months. i'm about to go overseas for six months (yeh i'm military) ....... i'll fool with it when i get back. so where else is a good place to run it? what about if i ran to my optima underhood?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Archived