Sonic Electronix

i was wondering what is the best type of paint to use when painting a box and what steps to take to have the best job

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

make sure all your seams are clean. Run over everything with a flush rout bit, and perhaps a skim coat of bondo to fill in the edges. Give the whole thing a real good sanding. Coat it with sealer, then prime it. Sanding in between coats. Color, clear. Wet sand up to 1000 grit, and then buff it. done.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

actually you want to prime it with your high build then sand that smooth (wet sanding works great) clean it with a paint prep wax/grease remover, seal it, then you lay your base on 4-5 layers is what i do following the instructions on the can for how long to wait for the paint to "flash" in between coats, then lay your clear on nice and even (couple coats) let that cure for about a day or two or cook it if you have acess to a heated paint booth ( small projects u can use a heat lamp but not too close) then just scuff the clear slightly with a wet sanding of 2000 grit, then buff and polish!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived