S10 build finished Oct. 2009

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone likes the build, hopefully gonna be getting some more builds up in the future. I'd honestly like to be nominated for SOTM, but not sure it's worthy.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

yeah the customer wanted a crisp enclosure, so I went with sealed even though I would have rather built a ported.

actually, i was game for whatever, just sealed was more in my budget :)

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio XR525 CSi Components (Kickpanels)

Infinity Reference 6020cs Components (Doors)

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

JL Audio e1800D Amplifier

JL Audio e4300D Amplifier

Mike (Audio-Concepts) did it all, so we'll have to wait until he logs on again to get answer to those questions. (unless he answers my text. we shall see.) if i'm not mistaken, the kicks he built are screwed into the stock plastic kickpanel, and the factory one just fits into place like usual, but i may be wrong

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

i have 00 jimmy i wanna lay some suede down on some panels specially the doors like yours, was it hard?

The process of taking the door apart no, but putting the panel back on the door and stapling the weather strip back on took some time. I'd recommend either trying to get some 3m 8115 2-part bonding putty and have it cure over night and then staple the weather strip back on. When you put the pieces together it is recommended that you use a boat load of claps to get it to stay together, and it'll never come apart.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

you can get the q-logic ones, but they angle at your feet. i prefer my speakers aimed towards my head so i can hear them. i don't think my feet really care what the speakers sound like, lol. Mike built these to aim at the driver. yes, i sacrificed a little more foot room, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

nicee, how are the kicks held in place?

well the bottoms are formed to the floor so that makes them sit pretty well, but before I installed the speakers I ran screws through the factory kicks and the floor itself, that really held them in. But if the form sits real well against the kick one screw would be enough, especially if the form for the side and bottom are nice and strong.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived