Can low voltage do this?

Alright so, as some of you may know I have been having some problems with my positive terminal getting hot. Did an experiment over the last few days. (First I fixed my ground so its making good contact now) but anyway, I bumped like crazy home from school today, yesterday and day before...got out of my car and checked the battery, not even warm. Granted I didn't bump through my neighborhood, but if the battery was as hot as it had been, it wouldve still be pretty hot. So anyway, fired it up in my driveway again cause I was trying to figure out how to stop it from making my 3rd brake light cover thing fall out. But I wasn't on the accelerator at all, didn't check the voltage but I am sure the drop was nasty since my lights were dimming out pretty good. This lasted no longer than a few minutes, and the terminal was hot. Now I have a stock alternator and I know that it outputs shit at idle and decent at highway rpms...Cause once again I have never noticed it hot after driving with music, just in my driveway. Could the cause be I have not been revving up my engine while I bump in my driveway so I get some nasty voltage drop?

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Someone correct me on this but it might be that the system is drawing tons of power straight off the battery when at idle, because the alternator isn't putting out many amps.

EDIT: Need mo batteries

Edited by S15_Silvia

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

lower voltage = higher current(amperage) = more heat. i think it could be your problem.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yeah thats the cause if the alts not helping out enough the battery has got to front the rest

97 Honda Civic Sedan

Rear disc brake conversion

2" drop

17's

lots of exterior mods

SYSTEM

SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player

RE 6x9's and 6.5's

Soundstream DTR4.500

Soundstream DTR1.2200

8" RE-x in a t-line

Kinetik 1800

Plans

4-SA-8's

Another Kinetik

High output alt

My Cardomain

You'll need to be careful, dropping that low can cause clipping.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

• 3 weeks later...

If I was you I would Upgrade my electrical, get a bigger alt. and a extra battery for the back, but that is IMO.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

If I was you I would Upgrade my electrical, get a bigger alt. and a extra battery for the back, but that is IMO.

EDIT: Sorry for the Double Post, mouse hand got alittle trigger happy.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

• 2 weeks later...

What size power wire is running to your amp, and what wire is recommended for your amp?, sometimes when the amp lets say recommends 2 awg wire, and you give it 6 gauge wire there can be a big pressure build up in the wire and cause it to get hot and melt and also can make the voltage drop more because it is stressing, ive experienced it before with a friends car the wire melted around the fuse block. also what size fuse do you have on the wire also, if the fuse its too big for the wire it can mess up also.